Subject Author Posted Replies

Ring Around the Toilet
I took his post to mean the bleach is a disinfectant, not a mineral remover...
10
10

OT auto sun shade problem
The sun shade in my Nissan Versa won't stay in position - up or down. I tried a magnet but it doesn't work through the roof insulation. I tried velcro but the adhesive doesn't hold and I'd rather not...
12
12

OT: bad dad joke
Warning: this joke is so bad it may cause physic damage. It is inspired! Q. Why did the lifeguard not swim out and save the hippie? A. He was "too far out man".
1
1

What "nail" marks lines in private road pavement permanently
What "nail" marks lines in private road pavement permanently? The county marked the right of way because we have some work to do and we want them to do some of it which they are happy to do within...
4
4

Remembering you this day, Scotty
I was wondering, yesterday, how many services were like the ones I attended. It was next to a dying town with a cemetery and maybe four houses left. The people conducting the ceremony were mostly gray...
2
2

DIY Repair
My son, age 30, just bought his first house located in Connecticut. I would like to buy him a General Repair, DIY book. Any recommendation for a book title that would show how to do some typical home...
15
15

Freezer problem
I notice the discoloration at both ends of my Frigidaire Freezer. It looks like rust...if it is, is this normal? BTW, its not leaked food, although it may look like it. Never had a problem with leaked...
5
5

Voltage drop?
This involves controlling irrigation well motors. The well motors run off 3 phase 480. Two panels with starters, each running its own well motor. The nearest well supplying water to that system about...
4
4

DIY patio
You don't mention where you're located, weather conditions, size of patio, etc. In general I would recommend concrete pavers, either plain or fancy, laid on a bed of sand, and graded away from the...
23
23

Condensation water from portable AC
I have a portable AC unit on wheels, and collect the condensation from it and pour it into a barrel on the front porch to water plants with. So, I looked it up on the web and there are varying points...
14
14

HOUSE CENTIPEDE (Scutigera coleoptrata)
Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by Checkmate! That, and some types stink to holy hell if you smash them.
1
1

New faucet - water doesn't splash
Here is a photo of my new tub faucet turned on. Usually, the previous faucets I've had for the tub made some splash when it was filling the tub with water, but this one doesn't make any splash at all....
9
9

OT: Moon Landing, The Truth
Shockingly, the conspiracists were right! See: Moon Landing, Conspiracy Moon Landing, Conspiracy
1
1

Kitchen Sink Backed Up
That sounds strange. I'd check the vent, but even that does not sound right. Plugged vent will stop it from draining properly but unusual to cause back flow. Ut would take an unusual occurrence to...
4
4

USPS Includes Junk Mail With Official Correspondence
IIRC, you can opt out of the offers when you sign up for the address change online. In any case, given that there is a small charge for this service, perhaps it's not so bad that commercial...
7
7