Subject Author Posted Replies

Lighting recommendation to replace 4 foot fluorescent tubes
I have a four foot two tube fluorescent in a finished basement room with a failed ballast. At least, I think so. I put new tubes in, they glowed ora nge at the end for a second but never lit. It's an...
13
13

I used rake edge instead of drip edge
I just finished half my roof and realized the company only sent me out rake edge. So I have been using rake edge with a 1 inch overlap. Will it work just as fine for the drip edge.
1
1

How do you kill weeds in cement cracks?
On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 22:24:10 -0400, wrote in +1
44
44

Any Americans Left Here?
The long and short of the our national anthem - a history lesson. A story of how our national anthem came to be. I was asked by someone to put a video together for this audio and upload it, so here it...
1
1

GFCI Wall Tap --- Part 2
3 GFCI's on one circuit in such a small area seems like over-kill. It seems to me that either the pair of sink ones could have been been placed down-stream of the tub GFCI or the tub could have been...
24
24

Mining a Mile Down: 175 Degrees, 600 Gallons of Water a Minute
Mining a Mile Down: 175 Degrees, 600 Gallons of Water a Minute It plans to spend $6 billion to $8 billion on the mine, which the company hopes to bring into operation in the mid-2020s, when a lengthy...
1
1

California's endless winter: 8 feet of snow still on the ground in June
California's endless winter: 8 feet of snow still on the ground in June It's an endless winter in the West. Snow from the barrage of storms that pounded the western mountains over the winter is still...
1
1

Accordion door: trimming width?
Hi, I have an oddball utility closet opening in my basement of 38" wide, and th e thickness of the doorway wall is only 2" wide. I was thinking of install ing an accordion door. I don't want to...
5
5

combo air conditioner/ swamp cooler?
Hi All, Is there a such thing as a combination air conditioner and swamp cooler? -T
6
6

Gauge for 100 ft. extension cord
I have an air compressor that uses 13.5 amps. What gauge would I need for a 100 ft. extension cord ? Thanks, Andy
13
13

water softener R & R
A hack saw would be easier.
6
6

GE Adora Stove Plese help
Yes my GE Adora Stove displayed Badline on the screen last night while cooking and now today nothing is working on the screen and even my oven isn't working but the top of the stove is working just...

Riding mower won't start
Hey folks.. I own a 2014 Troy Bilt Bronco riding mower, 17.5 hp Kohler engine w/42" dec k. I have had nothing but problems from it! This time it won't start, or I should say won't stay running, if I...
29
29

Re: Oh dear! You really should *NOT* still be using Windows XP
My old dBase stuff still runs well in DOSBox too
1
1

Tarnished or Corroded Sink Flange/Pop Up Drain?
Hi. Maybe a week or so ago I was noticing those pesky gnats around my sink drain in the bathroom. Without thinking I poured down two capfuls of bleach down the drain, thinking it would kill off the...
1
1