Subject Author Posted Replies

A Bag of Charcoal
After recently attending the retirement ceremony for my rusted-out and falling-apart ancient propane gas barbecue grill, I replaced it with my first charcoal grill in 22 years. Getting ready for the...
39
39

Ceiling fan issue
Starting off, I don't have a lot of confidence in the people that wired and built my mom's house, it's at least 30+ years old. Some of the light switches are backwards, the breakers are connected to...
1
1

heat pump in basement? too damp?
what do you do with a damp basement? I live in georgia I HAVE A HEAT PUMP
1
1

How to toss 4ft f lights?
What is a good way to get rid if 4 ft flourescent bulbs without cutting the garbage man? Whole or smash em?
14
14

OT: Two more youtube morons
He got his girlfriend to pull the trigger.

OT: Stanford engineers design a robotic gripper for cleaning up space debris
Fascinating, gecko adhesive inspired, space-junk grabber. Be sure to watch the video. Stanford engineers design a robotic gripper for cleaning up space debris Researchers combined gecko-inspired...
1
1

OT: Costco Connection Magazine - Bees in peril
The Costco Connection magazine arrived in the mail yesterday. The cover story is about honey bees and their plight. For anyone interested, here is a link....
8
8

Phones out!
I have three phones - two in the house, one in a separate office building. The two in my home don't work. I traced signal to the box and barrier strips where the line is split and goes to the two...
15
15

Curtain wall with no back wall support, only 2 side walls. How to hang?
I am a little confused on how to go about this. Usually you have 2 brackets which are mounted against a wall and the curtain hangs. However, my case, there is no back wall since it will be used to...
3
3

Cyber attack sweeps globe, researchers see 'WannaCry' link
news: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:47:43 GMT You would think after the first round, various IT depts would get their shit together and/or shitcan those deemed grossly incompetent in their duties. Further,...
2
2

Finishing A Small Piece Of Red Oak. Min Wax PolyUrethane Or ?
Be *very* careful with your BLO rags! How I almost burned my shop down with Linseed Oil...
10
10

California to list glyphosate as cancer-causing; Monsanto vows fight
There's a lot of seed corn raised in my area. Farmers tell me the seed companies use salt water to kill it off prior to picking. It's harvested ear and all then hauled to the seed plants where it's...
2
2

OT: In U.K., All 75 Buildings Tested So Far for Fire Safety Have Failed
This is simply a disgrace. Considering the great lengths the UK goes to in order to provide healthcare for it's citizens, having such inferior building codes is shameful. In U.K., All 75 Buildings...
1
1

Prehung door doesn't close properly
We had a handy man install a prehung door for us. He had to cut some of the frame, and used shims all over. The door hits near the latch and closer to the bottom. The door has had foam sealant put in...
6
6

Want to save ebay ad for car I bought
I bought a car on ebay last Thursday, and his ad included ~60 pictures!, so I wanted to save them, and using Firefox, I clicked on Save Page as, which is supposed to save every little part of a...
39
39