Subject Author Posted Replies

Walmart lists vs cart
Anyone know how to move stuff between shopping cart and lists?
3
3

Lawn Tractors, Mowers And So On
Consumer Reports has all John Deere gasoline powered in the top 5 lawn tractors. The cheapest is the S120 at $2100. They have only one of the rear engine gasoline powered riders listed. It's a Cub...
2
2

Blowing up capacitors
Short-circuit supply voltage 310 volts DC. Short-circuit supply voltage 310 volts DC.
68
68

Replace narrow kerf bar on a Husqvarna 445 X-force 18 inch chain saw
My first chain saw was given to me as a present years ago when I needed to cut up a fallen oak. It's a narrow kerf Lowes Husqvarna 445 X-force 18 inch chain saw that I then lost the bar for when...
3
3

Two-part restaurant billing.
Any of you ever go out to dinner? And charge the cost to a credit card? And add a tip after they bring you the bill? Sunday night I took 3 friends out to dinner and as usual I looked at the email from...
10
10

Boise Cascade Graylite, Insulate 6 brown fiber insulation board
House built in 1981. I removed dark paneling & this fiber board is underneath. Labeled as Boise Cascade Graylite, Insulate 6. Also says on it Insulation Board Division, conforms abpa 01 PS 57-73. Does...
3
3

Socket Fan
There was a commercial for this gizmo on early morning TV. < ht+socket+fans&qid=1680609042&sr=8-5> OR. <> It isn't hard to picture this thing unscrewing and falling to the floor. Amazon has several...
1
1

OT. Cell Phones
How have they changed us? Supposedly, Americans check our cell phones 344 times a day. It has been 50 years since the first cell phone to cell phone call. <> The handheld cellphone is 50 years old and...
63
63

How do I remove gun cleaning smell from sox?
Hi All, I bought some military surplus sox from a surplus store. They are rather nice sox. Silver threads too for the foot stink. Problem: they smell of gun cleaning fluid and gun oil. The fumes gives...
7
7

Remodeler looks for leak in shower, finds another shower
Remodeler looks for leak in shower, finds another shower tiktok link. Encrypt all your passwords, update your antivirus, and don't tell the police if you click on this.

Grass seed with attached water
They used to sell grass seed with a layer around it to soak up water so you didn't have to water newly seeded areas so often. But I can't find it. Do they still make it? Didn't it work?
9
9

Which of these is a better free leaf blower (faster speed or
385CFM 24-Volt turbine (Sun Joe 24V-JB-LTE) 140MPH 560CFM 48-Volt cordless (Sun Joe 24V-X2-JB500-CT) 155MPH 388CFM 48-Volt electric (Sun Joe 24V-X2-BVM143CT tool only) They are all free ($50 off from...
17
17

OT. Accidental Inventions
Some common items we have now that were invented at least partly by accident. The first one is the microwave oven. <> You can thank serendipity for some of the most life-changing inventions out there...
1
1

OT. Amazon Buying AMC?
So says a tv broadcast this morning. It's just a rumor so far. Going to the movies was a way to get out and about just to see people. It was a bit of a treat to do that. Now people are apparently just...
9
9

Husky 435 chain saw can't get bar cover back on
Just got a Husqvarna 435 chainsaw refurbished from them. Took a struggle to get the bar cover off so I could install the chain and the bar. Now I am trying to put it back together and the metal band...
2
2