Subject Author Posted Replies

2nd copy of car keys and fob?
On Mon 31 Jul 2017 08:25:47p, told us... Thank you!
170
170

Kids in Utah, Geezers in Maine
Median age in Utah is 29.20. It's 42.70 in Maine. I never would've thought there would be such a difference.
4
4

I have damage to the walls in my attic...what is it from??
There is no visible debris on the floor of the attic. Have you looked carefully for animal waste / rodent droppings? If you haven't already picked up the missing material and if the damage wasn't...
6
6

Brits and lemonade stands
xxx
2
2

water meter spinner - fast and slow
Last month, my water bill was about $500. I checked the meter and found the spinner was running at various speed. Sometimes, it was running quite fast and at the next second it would slow down, then...
3
3

Ebay scam?? AMD FX-8320E 4GHz 8-Core Black Edition AM3 Processor FD832EWMHKBOX - BRAND NEW
Last night I came across this deal for AMD FX-8320E 4GHz 8-Core Black Edition AM3 Processor FD832EWMHKBOX - BRAND NEW $19.98 includes shipping. I've seen deals like this before that didn't last long,...
12
12

Acer , this time
It's an Aspire 7540-1317 laptop , and it belongs to my daughter . They got it in a storage bay auction , and it apparently was used as a terminal - no OS . I had to initialize the hdd , but it won't...
8
8

cool, dehumidify, and fan.
I have a "portable" AC with settings cool, dehumidify, and fan. I understand "Fan" but what could the difference be between the other two? How can it dehumidify without also cooling?
4
4

What is the realistic accuracy & precision of typical consumer MPG calculations (tripmeter miles/pump gallons)
What is a realistic accuracy & precision of typical MPG measurements when measured by the consumer using the typical method of dividing their tripmeter miles by the gas-pump gallons during fillup?
133
133

OT ish Using a game console as an access point
I really don't have a need to tether anything, but I just wondered if this could be a desirable feature and I guess it just gets down to the added cost. I used an old wireless router to make a second...

OT: Last Boeing 747 passenger jet has been built
For Korean Airlines. And later this year, Delta and United, the last American carriers still flying them, will end service. Boeing isn't counting on the jumbo plane making a big comeback. The future...

OT: Sessions greenlights police to seize cash, property from people suspected of crimes but not charged
This is absurd and beyond the pale. Our civil liberties have been greatly eroded in the past 50 years, but the process is rapidly accelerating under the Trump administration. "Sessions greenlights...
10
10

What's the performance difference between 15 inch, 16 inch and 17 inch tires (all else equal)?
Thank you for that article, where the 3 main takeaways are... "If the wheel diameter increases by one inch, the height of the tire should decrease accordingly to compensate, in order to keep the...
157
157

OT, Puzzles
Jigsaw puzzles are a lot of fun! I have some of those downloaded onto my tablet, but, they aren't as much as a challenge as some other games out there.
6
6

Outlet And Switch Grounding In The Metal Wall Box ?
As long as the device is listed for use that way, that's correct, it's self-grounding when installed in a metal box.
9
9