Subject Author Posted Replies

Infinity 4000 Pool Cover System--source of occasional electrical problem closing cover
I have an Infinity 4000 Pool Cover System, with a cover that runs on top of the coping. I am having a problem that is difficult to diagnose as it only happens occasionally. Components: -Baldor 115V...
1
1

In this US state you need a permit for fireworks… but not a shotgun
There isn't a drug problem. Drugs aren't harmful, the criminals are, an= d they wouldn't be criminals if drugs were legalised. -- = Patient: Doctor, I think I need glasses. Madam: I think so, too....
29
29

Global temperature continues to cool
>>There has been no warming in nearly 19 years. > Global temperature continues to cool > > Global effects of El Niño event seem to have passed, and we've cooled to a > value just before the event,...

*crosses fingers*
different roofing contractors finally made it over to reflash the chimney. the previous contractor gave up and never fixed the intermittent leak. i know it is asking for yet another round of tempting...
6
6

How do USB players keep track of position.
The devices that plug into the cigarette lighter and play sound from a USB drive through car radio speakers have the ability to remember where they left off, and, even when power is removed from them...
6
6

OT: Car seat heaters
I've never felt the need for them. Your back is against the seat, you soon warm it up yourself. It's the front of you that's exposed to the cold air.
38
38

Gutter repair
+1 As someone pointed out, you can get painted sheet metal screws at HD, etc.
9
9

Gate Slide Bolt into masonry?
The problem is that brick is soft. You might get away with tap con screws but they may also pull out.
7
7

Any tips to match new cement patch to old concrete?
Wanderer suggested that too. I guess it's a possibility, depending on how it looks with the repair. But it's probably 40 ft of sidewalk, and then it leads to the front porch which is also concrete,...
5
5

Aprilaire
Seems I can never say anything without mixing it all up. I am even worse when I am driving.
8
8

Rehab Addict
don't sell yourself short
2
2

How common is wrapping devices with elec tape.
I was watching the great fount of knowledge U tube and one electrical guy said to always wrap the devices - switches / receptacles with tape before mounting them in the box. My lame question is how...
8
8

Weather forecasts
Anyone know of a weather forecast site that allows you to look back a day or so? They all just seem to forecast the future, so you can't compare it to today or yesterday. Are they embarrassed they'd...
4
4

What is the "official" name of this screw?
The screw's threads match the teeth in a zip-tie (cable-tie). The screw tightens the zip-tie. BikeForums is the leading online discussion site for avid cyclists. BikeForums is the leading online...
7
7

Healthy Halloween
We don't give out candy any more, and don't turn on our porch light, either.
9
9