Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: That no good, stinking Sears leaf blower....
I even built a special tool to adjust the carb which got me And there's a big part of the problem. The hippies have made it so you can't adjust the mixture screws anymore. I had issues with mine from...
11
11

OT. Military retirement
For the military member, the loss in retirement pension is actually greater than the 10% cut from 50% to 40% after 20 years of service. Military pensions benefit from cost of living adjustments...
7
7

Decoration needs repair
Since the guys here are handy, this would be a good buy for someone willing to do a little work on it.
1
1

Judge Jeanine speeds
Caught at 119 mph. Okay by me.

Home air purifier
I am looking for a way to reduce my allergy symptoms. Looking for feedback from owners of HEPA air purifiers. I am looking at this one. Thanks, Andy
4
4

Trailer house. $238,000
That's hard to imagine. One could buy a nice regular house in my area for that. The median value of houses with mortgages was about $100,000 in 2013.
30
30

Tecumseh help
If the theory is that it's getting way too much gas, how about draining the gas or disconnecting the hose and then trying to start it with some spray ether? I had a similar experience here with my...
33
33

Splicing #12 aluminum mobile home wire
AL wire expands and contracts with current more than copper. This cause connections of any type to loosen over time. Also AL oxidizes easier, and causes high resistance, causing heat. For awhile there...
8
8

quick and dirty tips for better insulating zonal heated room?
Most people are too fusking stupid to realize sealing cracks and adding insulation pays dividends for life.
10
10

Regent MS37 motion sensor light
After a hurricane my outdoor motion sensor security light will not come on. I have tried moving the sensor at night still no light. I did the daylight test (I'm guessing on this model) and still no...

Measuring A/C current
I'm trying to find out what current my space heater uses. Says 1500 watts; that's about 12A. I have a clamp-on current meter. Is there a trick to using one of these on a power cord or do you have to...
16
16

individual mandate tax
The choice is whether to keep the "pre existing conditions" deal or to eliminate the mandate. You can't have one without the other. Otherwise nobody would buy insurance until they were sick. At that...
1
1

Helping neighbor's kids fix sunburned speaker in Toyota Camry
Am trying to help a neighbor's kids by replacing the rear-deck speaker covers in a Toyota Camry, Have you done it? It doesn't come out the top or the bottom. How do you access these clips?
8
8

OT: If anyone needs flash memory for a smartphone....
I need to add memory to my smartphone and started looking for it. Found that Best Buy has a 32GB micro SD Sandisk Extreme Plus card for $15 and the 64GB for $25. Very good deal if anyone needs one....

OT. Digital losing a bit
This isn't earth shaking news. Good old fashioned books are recovering and ebooks are losing. The commentary starts with the usual stuff about smart phones.