Subject Author Posted Replies

Have you ever heard this noise in an engine after a VCG repair?
Subject: Have you ever heard THIS SOUND inside your engine? URL: Nobody on Bimmerfest knows what is causing this noise and I can't use the car until I figure out how to figure out what the noise is....
35
35

Pay before towing or after
Watching a tv court show where the tow truck wanted payment before towing. When I was towed 2 or 3 months ago, the guy drove 20 miles to get me and I'm pretty sure saw no sign of my having any money...
8
8

quick fact check on fan - furance/thermostat
My neighbor, who is quite a jerk**, is having trouble with his Carrier oil furnace. He says the furnace goes on and off but the fan stays on all the time. He says the thermostat is in the auto...
23
23

Is there a database online for the number of shop hours a car repair should take?
You seem to know more than everyone else, as this is all true. It's complicated how any one shop charges the time. But that's not what I'm asking. I just want the flat rate time. Online. If it exists....
48
48

OT: WinXP Pro battery power settings
It makes no sense to say "the battery keeps running". If you are saying the battery is not holding a charge when the computer is shut off, the odds are you need a replacement battery. If you are not...
34
34

OT: Car heaters and ice scraping
0 miles per gallon. I guess not all Canadians are honest. 33 vehicles were stolen in 9 days in Edmonton. I usually start my pickup, turn the defroster on full blast, then start scraping windows. It...
23
23

electrical question
  The old panel in my shop is giving up , the old aluminum buss bars are just getting too bad to continue using it . So Thursday while we were down in Memphis I picked up a new box - 20 slots/20...
1
1

OT - technology
I can relate to this guy Funny videos & try not to laugh, smile or grin while watching comedian Vic DiBitetto. Please share and don't forget to subscribe to my channel to help me reach 100,000...

Rossi 12 Gauge Shotgun Pistol - Quick Overview
That's pretty accurate for a slug at that distance with a shotgun pistol. I'd like to see bird shot in it on a target 10 feet away and see the pattern. That ought to surprise and FU someone's day, if...
2
2

OT. Depression Defense Spending
This article talks about the Democrat Congressman Carl Vincent. He pushed through funding for aircraft carriers during the Depression.

Plug in GFI adaptors
For the safety of my livestock, I want to buy some of those plug in GFI outlets, for all outlets which provide power to keep their water tanks unthawed, using electrical heaters, placed in the water....
6
6

OT: PC boot problems
I have an HP I7 based PC that's about 5 years old. ABout a year ago, the hard drive failed and I opted to replace it with a solid state Flash drive. That went fine, really happy with how fast it's...
34
34

Profgrammable thermostat terminology
Different sources define "setpoint" differently so I'll ask here: Is the HEAT setpoint the temperature the furnace turns on, turns off or the desired room temperature? Is the COOL setpoint the...
4
4

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers With Plastic Handles
Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles made since 1973 See: http://osfm.fire.ca.gov/pdf/CPSC_KiddeRecall_PressRelease.pdf
8
8

It's snowing in south Texas! Yes, you read that right
It snowed in Alabama...Gods way of voting against Roy Moore
1
1