Subject Author Posted Replies

Upgrading from KitKat
A neighbor gave me her old ATT prepaid smart phone and I wiped it that's when I found out android 5 and up has something called FPR .. factory reset protection... two weeks later I finally got it...
7
7

Phablet stocking stuffers: iPhone 7 versus LG Stylo 3 Plus price/performance hardware comparison
Every have a party line? You could catch some steamy stuff on those. Not that I'd ever eavesdrop...
184
184

Merry Christmas to the Gang
I hope everyone is/was having a good Christmas or otherwise winter fiesta. Please excuse my ab scents -- bin neglecting this fine newsgroup, but hope to improve again as soon as I can find another...
2
2

OT, how long do children use emergency potties?
OT, how long do children use emergency potties? Esp. to those who have had children: A long time ago, I was with a friend and his young daughter, and I guess she couldnt' wait, because we parked in a...
10
10

Fixing bouncy floor with sistered joists- do I need to jack?
Hopefully a straight forward question. I plan on fixing some bounciness on my main level by sistering all of the joists. I shouldn't have much problem getting to all of them and the spans are all...
7
7

OT - for Uncle Slinky
The slinky machine: a slinky escalator
5
5

OT few free calendars for 2018?
Unusually, I've only gotten two calendars this year, from my home insurance agency and a charity fishing for contributions. No religious or the other usual calendars. Same elsewhere?
17
17

OT. iScope
Not getting your money's worth out of your iPhone? Well, here's another use for it. Attach it to your rifle. http://iscope.com/camo-iscope-iphone/

Subway Closes 909 Stores In 2017: It's The "Beginning Of A Crisis"
I am surprised they lasted this long. I can go to the deli at my grocery store and get a sub cheaper than Subway with far more selections. They also have a huge selection of side dishes, ready to go.
2
2

OT, Coca Cola
Uncle Monster posted for all of us... I guess it was this hack-nuts version of water injection? Hmmm what does the ingredient label for Coke list-water? I don't like seeing these videos because...
1
1

Can I use the old flexible conduit?
Hello all: I have a home built in 1950. I?m planning to rewire the home. I loo ked under the crawlspace and saw that the whole house is wired with wires in flexible metal conduits. If I can use these...
48
48

Trying to get an unwanted month of Amazon Prime refunded.
No question here. Just a possibly intersting story: I had to sign up for Amazon Prime because I was leaving town soon and needed some things for the trip. They all arrived on time. Forgot to cancel...

Increase water flosser capacity
Why mess up the whole bathroom? I use those small disposable brushes to floss. They get under bridges and tight spaces. I was never happy with a Water Pic.
11
11

OT. No mistresses allowed now?
Golly, gee whiz. What's this world coming to? This is from an article in the New York post. "According to another source, ?it could be just that, in the current environment we?ve reached a tipping...
3
3

Growing giant vegetables in Wales
Monster vegetables without having to endure terrible cold winters in Alaska. 200 pound vegetables. Another good video is, 12 fruit trees that thrive in the desert with little care