Subject Author Posted Replies

Michigan Idiot video
I often speak with people who have the false sense of security with the belief an SUV or AWD vehicle will prove better on ice. They ignore the reality that no amount of drive system or type of tire...
11
11

Inducer motor hitting metal.noise
I have a gas furnace with inducer motor. Recently it started to make a noise that I suspect is some kind of metal grinding noise. It only starts when the rpm is high. I tried to fix it by putting a...
12
12

HPS bulb is dim (2023 Update)
I just replaced a 70 watt LU70 bulb in my driveway and it won't get bright . It only stays dim. It comes on and off correctly but doesn't get that bri ght orange glow. Any ideas? The old bulb was...
3
3

Re: 'Most Expensive Mile On Earth': $4.4 Billion For NYC Subway...
Those blue states raid the road tax money for boondoggles like this and then complain their roads and bridges are crumbling. Why don't they simply raise ticket prices to cover the real cost of riding...
4
4

Does one need to s scrape wire before connecting; oil furnace questions
The the copper is clean, no need to scrape. Back in the old days when winding coils with enameled wire, they did have to be scraped. I still recall helping my little cousin get his crystal set...
11
11

New wood burning stove
I have a new wood burning stove that we installed last night and it has harsh chemical smell. My husband says the company told him it isn?t harmful. We could barely breath last night. I don?t believe...
3
3

Apple openly admits they never even once tested iOS in the real world!
*Apple openly admits they never even once tested iOS in the real world!* Verbatim quote: "Apple is basically telling us that it+IBk-s not testing iOS updates appropriately." *Apple makes its *users*...
3
3

Low police cars?
That doesn't stop your head from moving downwards.
14
14

call AL ask to send some warming
Freezing here too. It is 60 right now, I may need to put on a shirt to walk the dog.
6
6

Apple throttled your iPhone by cutting its speed almost in HALF!
What is the battery warranty on these phones? I assume it must be longer than the typical one year warranty on Androids? Uh oh. Sounds like the warranty might be only a year? How fast are these...
5
5

Why do people spend money for toilets?
Why do people spend money for toilets, and then they shit in them? Some people spend huge money to buy very expensive toilets too, and then spend a lot more to get them installed. But spending any...
3
3

how can i manually tilt a wall mounted tv bracket?
You'll need another person to help you with this. Good luck. John T.
3
3

Old Eureka vacuum with beater bar brush roller
The alternating brush and metal strips were thought to do a better job of b eating dust out of the carpet. They probably work better on deep pile resid ential carpet than on low pile commercial carpet...
2
2

When filter needs changing
I bought an Envion Therapure TPP240 Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier. I sent them an email, but got no answer. Anyone know how the sensor works that determines when the filter needs cleaning? Thanks,...
2
2

Forklift trick
I like this video better. Subscribe to Living On A Dime on YouTube! http://bit.ly/1QDDmbN Visit Our Website: http://www.LivingOnADime.com/ Free e-Mail Newsletter: http://bit.ly/1LfQf4y How to Make...