Subject Author Posted Replies

Furnace keeps running
Just replaced the thermostat and its turned off and gas furnace is still running i have a american standard freedom 90 what all wires do i need hooked up for just heat there is a "y" , "w", "r", "g",...
1
1

Removing wax from toilet wax ring
Naptha Paint thinner
4
4

Homemade furniture polish
Found this recipe for homemade furniture polish. (By Bob Vila :-) Has anyone used it or have another recommendation? Andy It looks like pomace oil is just a lower grade of olive oil. Wonder if olive...

BLOWER MOTOR RUNS, BUT NO ACTIVITY ON IGNITION
Woke this morning to a frigid house. My Ultra SX80 Model #GUJ100D20-3 A is not heating. The induction fan is working, but there is no sign of life to the burners. The igniter doesn't even click like...
2
2

Tough winter
If you think winter is tough where you are, it could be worse
1
1

OT: Avoid Romaine Lettuce for Now, Consumer Reports Says
Avoid Romaine Lettuce for Now, Consumer Reports Says Romaine lettuce is a likely cause of a recent E. coli outbreak, and Consumer Reports' food safety experts say it should be avoided for now.
4
4

Florida man survives bear attack
Not as long as they sell beef at Publix.
5
5

You can basically HALVE any benchmark comparison result for any iPhone in the future!
Bearing in mind the Orwellian doublespeak of "peak performance" really means halving the CPU speeds... "In other words, Apple decided on behalf of its customers that they'd prefer an iPhone that...
2
2

Faucet screw
screw in faucet handle just goes round and round and won't come out/
2
2

Any safe way to provide 120V power to middle of living room?
Our furniture layout has a side table next to an armchair, both of which are relatively far removed (6'-9') feet from the nearest walls. The floor surface from the nearest walls to the side table has...
15
15

Need help INTERPRETING these test results police cruiser SAE J866a Chase Test
The scientific question is how do we correctly interpret why EE pads seem to outperform FF pads in this police cruiser study done in 2000? In another thread today, the topic was discussed on how to...
65
65

What is a COB Light?
Yikes ! I thought that I was quite late going from dial-up to high-speed - about 12 years ago - dial-up was becoming futile back then ! And because my first high speed was cellular - very expensive !...
15
15

Is is legal to have exposed Romex in a home?
I have a home with a dark living room because they never put a light in there. I know this is typical of many older homes, where they expected people to use lamps, and some even had switched outlets...
19
19

Community told they must keep their garage doors open - or face a $200 fine
That is strange. The place my wife used to run had the opposite rule. You had to keep the door closed and the cars could not be parked in the driveway. She was thrilled to be able to quit that soul...
8
8

Baseboard not getting water in 1 room.
Hi, We have these old Baseboard style radiators upstairs in our house. It is t he kind with really big fins and a radiator cover that goes over it. So it 's not a steam radiator but it is not modern...
2
2