Subject Author Posted Replies

Crazy Glue Solvent ?
Not real safe, but acetone is usually used. Best in a ventilated area. No flames or sparks. -dan z-
7
7

Vinyl windows in brick veneer
So where should vinyl window drain holes be relative to the brick sill?
5
5

tile over concrete patio that meets back of stucco house
I have a stucco over frame house built in the 70's. A simple concrete slab abuts the back. There is a 'space' between the bottom of the stucco'd wall and the concrete. Would I be able to lay tile on...
1
1

Vibration at 50 to 60 mph coasting in neutral after rear brake shoes
Just replaced the rear brake shoes with the result of vibration at 50 to 60 mph which was unrelated to braking or the transmission where I'd like to learn from your experience what happened. Balance:...
18
18

How to find a great contractor for your home renovation
Are you looking to find a good contractor for your home renovation idea? If so, pay attention. Far too often, people make the mistake of hiring a bad contractor to save a few bucks, only to discover...

Speaker for phone
Do they make a speaker that accepts a landline or cell phone so you can easily do other things while waiting on hold? Cheaper than a new phone with this accessary? TIA
4
4

OT. Super Bowl Commercial, old people
A commercial for etrade was at least funny. Plus it was a good, entertaining game. E*TRADE wants to empower people of all ages to take control of their financial destiny so they can have the...
3
3

Black decker cordless drill charger
My cord broke. Just need to know which is hot and neutral on circuit board
3
3

Maytag commercial Centennial transmission pulley cover has oil dripping off of it I have ordered an actuator shifter thought that was problem turned it up to replace it and found its oil dripping off
Oil dripping off pulley cover. I got actuator shifter went to replace it an found oil on pulley cover
2
2

OT. L.L. Bean return policy
is changing. It will be one year and with a receipt. or The retailer said too many customers were treating its full-satisfaction guarantee as a “lifetime product replacement program.”
6
6

OT: Check out this American fuel cell semi truck!
We are back !!! USA! USA! USA! Hydrogen fuel cell too. Zero pollution. DIESEL ELECTRIC Horsepower 500HP 1,000HP Torque 1,650 ft-lbs 2,000 ft-lbs Range 500-750 miles 800 - 1,200 miles On Descent...
4
4

OT: How to count a heart rate
Why have I never noticed this before? I accidentally heard my cat's heartbeat, and realised it was in pairs. So I thought, do you count all of them singly, or the number of pairs? Wikipedia suggests...
32
32

compulsory union fees
I've known a couple people who - for legitimate religious reasons - were able to opt-out of paying compulsory dues to the Union. They still had to pay - but it went to the charity of their choice. ......
7
7

OT: Why do cars slope inwards at the sides?
Are car manufacturers trying to make people go on a diet or something? Why do modern cars slope inwards at the sides, giving you less shoulder room? And then they have huge centre consoles so you have...
74
74

Can I replace a Scully oil gauge myself?
Personally I have a contract on HVAC service and mine would do it as part of the service. I was interested in looking at it and it looks like something I could do when I was younger. You can buy the...
3
3