Subject Author Posted Replies

Pedestrian bridge collapse
It was far from finished - completion was scrduled for late 2019?? It was still under construction when it fell.
11
11

Newly-installed pedestrian bridge at Florida International University collapses; fatalities reported
Union work..cough cough spit! Newly-installed pedestrian bridge at Florida International University collapses; fatalities reported
3
3

Public Bathroom questions
Of course it's no big deal. Prudishness has no logic.
130
130

G&S old oven problem
I have an ancient Gattler & Sattler model number R95FH-2C (maybe followed by 'K', not sure)oven I bought used many years ago. No manual. Worked fine. Now doesn't work. Voltage OK at breaker. Will soon...
16
16

Grandparents can't do popcorn
Try an experiment. Make exactly the same popcorn in your microwave. Do it down to the last detail. Would it be practical to swap microwaves with your parents? If so, see how yours does at making...
12
12

how does this circuit work?
Sorry, the diagram was wrong. I mistakenly labelled ground as neutral. It is now corrected. When both fan and light are on, both the blue and black wires are energized.
50
50

Scuff marks on avacado stove top
+1 on that. Try in in an inconspicuous place. The oxalic acid cuts through a lot of crud.
4
4

Forces Hot Water, Gas, Furnace Questions ?
Hello, Have a 30 year old forced Hot Water System (Gas fired); 2 zones-an upstairs and downstairs. Typical Colonial. Live outside of Boston. The system works as a "Millivolt" system. Just great, as...

Roofing Question ?
The biggest plus is that it allows full inspection of the sheathing to make sure it's not rotted, deteriorated, that it's in good shape and not in need of replacement. Personally, on just about any...
11
11

Swamp cooler pillow block bearing
Why is the copper inner race of a pillow block bearing for a swamp cooler not turn when I try by using my finger. Being a bearing I expected it to turn easily? Thanks!
3
3

Credit scores shold be abolished!
There is no consistency between the prevailing 3 credit scoring companies. There are other means of proving credit-worthiness. It only takes one of the prevaiing credit scoring companies to negatively...
8
8

Allister ARD garage door opener issues
Have two Allister ARD's installed in a 2 car garage. One stopped lifting the wooden door. The motor would just hum but not lift. A cable had torn, so I replaced that. Still wouldn't lift, so I swapped...
1
1

Canadian or other mail order pharmacies?
Looking for first hand recommendations (you have actually done business with the company), for decent Canadian or other mail order pharmacies. We buy a fair amount of medicine for the different...

oil tank gauge wont go up & down
the tank is full & gauge drops down to empty
1
1

Controversy over Florida researchers' approach to kill overpopulating iguanas
posted for all of us... A taxpayer wrote in to the local police wanting a deer crossing sign posted and lines on the street. My first first comment was that I didn't know deer could read.
6
6