Subject Author Posted Replies

can JB Weld be used to anchor bolts in concrete or brick?
Yes. Back out the bolt and pour the JB (or plain epoxy) in the hole, put the bolt back, screw on & tighten the nut and wipe off squeeze out. Wait at least three days before stressing. You may need to...
2
2

Old Hydrotherm RTS-20B Relay Transformer Box: Source For ?
Hello, Anyone know of a source for a quite old home furnace relay box: Was from Hydrotherm (but probably a Honeywell) and labeled: RTS-20B. Relay Transformer I can jigger something up from the present...
2
2

Homeowners are sitting on $5.4 trillion in ready cash, the most ever
I think they remember what happened to those people who did suck all of the equity out of their homes last time. Some are still living in their car.
2
2

septic alarm not working
Septic alarm does not go off when lift float but can hear pump go on. Alarm is an Orenco model A-1 installed in 1992. Need advice as to whether I can test alarm somehow to figure out what is wrong.
2
2

Two door bell buttons on front
I have a door chime that requires a diode but have two front buttons. I can wire either button with the diode and get that button to work. I can't get both buttons to work. I am looking for a wiring...
1
1

YouTube 500 Error
were "monkeying" with the system and we probably won't be seeing that message any more.
2
2

web reference for steel I-beam span
Hi All ; I'm planning to have my < ~ 28 year old > basement completely remodeled - just starting to make floor-plans. One obvious issue is the location of the single jack-post supporting a 24 foot...
3
3

OT. Firefox extension blocks Facebook tracking

Outlook Express 6.0 Lost Emails
I did it again.... same old, same old..... I was copying files within OE6 and they disappeared. First thought was I dropped them in the next folder to the one I was using, but I have checked all the...
1
1

Small, Slider Type SPST "Slider" Switches: Reliability Of ?
The old-tyme TV tuner cleaner works well - or De-Ox_it. Squirt, operate the switch 50 times or so and try it.
7
7

HD Glacier Bay Bar Shower Assembly (Two Heads; One On A Hose)
Hello, We have one of those Home Depot Glacier Bay Bar Showers, with two shower heads; one on a hose. This is the assembly that has a bar with a sliding holder for a second shower head on a hose, and...
1
1

splitting cable internet and antenna tv
I don't know what channels your cable uses, but there is a large chance that they duplicate some of the channels that the OTA stations use. I expect that the signals are still in the cable, you are...
8
8

light switch popped - now won't turn off
Was sitting here, minding my own business, and I hear a small pop/sizzle from the light switch and the overhead light came on. Now neither switch will make it go off. My main question is whether this...
7
7

OT: cargo ships and ropes
Anyone ever thought of tying ropes round these things? cargo ship fail - Google Search cargo ship fail - Google Search
4
4

Driving in Oklahoma
There's times when I get in the left lane early, to make a left turn, so I don't have to fight traffic getting near the turn. If I wait until I get closer to the turn I often have to slow down a lot...
30
30