Subject Author Posted Replies

Horizontal pipe, unsupported length?
How long can a horizontal section of unsupported clay pipe be before it snaps? It carries rainwater, so is never anything like full, 99% of the weight would be itself. 4 inch diameter.
14
14

Post And Rail Fence Question Re "Plastic "Caps" For Post Tops
Hello, Have a typical Post and Rail fence setup around some of my lawn. Round Posts, with the two rails between. All round. The wood is apparently Cedar, and has stood up pretty well over the years....
2
2

Critical agracultural problem
Farmers across the US are facing a critical problem with providing consumers a quality product. Weather has been a factor in poor quality produce. Government has been slow to help farmers with...

Russian Uber to the ISS
As did Bush since 2011 (6 missions) and Trump. I wonder how much Musk is going to charge. Putin's taxi might end up being a bargain.
1
1

Using an iPad to follow a YouTube DIY without Internet to replace automotive speakers
I see it as common sense. If I can't access A without removing B in the engine bay, I take it to the garage. I don't even change my own oil. I do however buy my own parts on Ebay. This really pisses...
27
27

remove barbed fitting from irrigation tubing
Heat gun to soften it up?
8
8

Glue for glass to metal?
Well, rough it up. Sandpaper will work on the metal and a dab or two of hydrofluoric acid will etch the glass nicely.
21
21

silver/blue/green tarp vs black UV poly sheet - outside life span?
Seems like I'm getting (if I'm lucky) about a year out of a silver tarp use d for cover out doors before it's decomposed to the point of being embrittl ed then tearing. Given that the blue/green tarps...
7
7

repair tear in rolled asphalt roofing beyond roof edge?
While pruning a tree earlier damaged by a Winter storm yesterday, one of the branches came down and just hit the corner edge of the roof topped with rolled asphalt. Upon inspection, the overlap area...

The most significant development since the safety belt.
Well that's it. We must ban cars.
4
4

Green deposit on inside half of half inch cold water copper pipe
We had a water leak and the plumber cut out a 3 ft. length of half inch copper pipe (cold water). We cut it longitudinally to see what caused a small tear in the pipe. There were greenish deposits...
4
4

mending a mica card
Can I use duct tape to mend a cracked mica card(wave guard) for microwave
2
2

Jump starter for lawnmower?
I did that with my riding mower for a couple months, jumping it off the golf cart until I found out why the battery was always dead.
37
37

start capacitor for water pump
Agreed....
6
6

Backyard housing
On Sun 15 Apr 2018 06:18:43p, Newgene McMensa told us... As a homeowner, whether in a middle-class or high-end luxury neighborhood, I sure as hell wouldn't permit the city, county, or state to...
5
5