Subject Author Posted Replies

House Thermostat Question
Hello, Trying to understand, a bit, about how these components "play" together. Have a typical forced hot water home system; gas fired. Was wondering about the Honeywell Thermostat I now have for it....
5
5

OT. Does Anybody Really Know
What Time It Is, is a song from the group Chicago. They were just a little ahead of their time:
4
4

WATER & ICE CUBES TASTE BAD
ALREADY INSTALLED IN -LINE FILTER WATER AFTER FILTER OK WATER & ICE FROM FRIG HAS BAD TASTE
4
4

Frozen gas pipes?!
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF). Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?
17
17

Drain Valve Type On New House Water Heater ?
Same on my recently installed new water heater. Maybe the mfr is saving money by not installing a faucet handle- or discouraging owners from draining out a few gallons every few months.
7
7

Exotic Tick Species Arrives In Jersey
you've been here for much longer than a year
3
3

A/C Mini-Split System
I'm told that: mini-split systems handle both heating and cooling. One condenser unit can supply several evaporator units. Each evap unit has its own thermostat. Does this mean that each evap unit...
2
2

Flex tape, motorcycle rim ?
Replace the wheel with one designed to accommodate a tubeless tire. Trying to seal a spoked wheel, designed to be used with a tube, is going to become an exercise in futility. The first time you need...
4
4

Cars keep crashing into the rear of my car
I put a traffic light on the back of my car. It's a real one, goes from red to yellow, to green. Whenever it rurns green some moron crashes into the back of my car. How can I stop this from happening?
1
1

ot car repair
All you can do is tell them it was working prior to the R & P repair and after repairs, it's no longer working and you want them to correct it. If they refuse or suggest charging you, then it's up to...
5
5

Garage door repair
This stuff:
7
7

Boring deadbolt in exterior door
I bought a Kwikset powerbolt for my exterior door that wasn't drilled for a deadbolt. I picked up a Bosch carbon 2 1/8" wood hole drill. The issue is the door seems to be some form on plastic...
2
2

Ban the bats
Gang problems in the UK. Perhaps they love baseball. Ban all bats.

BIG mower
Check this one out: Normally sold to state and local governments for maintaining sloping roadside areas. I bought one of these for my 200 acre farm so I could mow the areas that the hay crew refused...
43
43

Why are motors not current limited?
On Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 9:03:54 AM UTC-4, Jimmy Wilkinson Dullknife wr ote: tool so if you over-stress it, it doesn't consume enough current to melt th e coils? sensors to prevent overloading. ...
265
265