Subject Author Posted Replies

Roofing questions, replacing old flashing where wood siding meets roof, etc.
Hi all. Our complex is in need of some new roofs. Most, if not all, of th e old flashing was nailed to the sides of the buildings, and not to the roo f decks. My understanding is there is a way to cut...
2
2

Preparing 25 year old Cedar Shake Shingles for Painting?
The cedar shake shingles are now various shades of black and better half suggests we paint. Should we power wash before painting? I am thinking that if I have shingles power washed, the original color...
7
7

OT/ Great fathers Day gift
Sorry - it's in metric - so it's un-American and I don't understand it. :-) John T.
1
1

How to clean the fiberglass seal on self-cleaning oven door?
We had some pumpkin pie filling spill on the open oven door when puting the pie in the oven. We were able to mop up 99% of it on the glass, but we missed a spot that ran down onto the fiberglass seal....
6
6

OT: Taxidermy and pets
Very few Scots do that, also very few wear skirts anymore.
59
59

UK electric service
ANY tumble drier is at risk of fire if not properly maintainedand kept clean. LInt is flamable. Period. It is also very fine and intrusive, and it also builds up like felt in ductwork - particularly...
4
4

On Topic: refrigerator seals
Hi All, On Topic. Golly! I have a regenerator with the freeze on the top. The seal on the freezer has a gap on the upper door opening side. It won't stay bent back when I bend it back. Its seems to be...
1
1

OT: Simple maths question
Four-and-half-ty, four and a half
203
203

Car won't start
Could the engine be flooded? and you're right. The engine is flooded. and you're right. The engine is flooded.
7
7

OT looking for a job
OT I want to get a job taking simple little stories with boring endings and enlarging them so that they take 10 or 20 webpages to get to the end. I want to hire an assistant who will put the "NEXT"...
6
6

Anchoring in concrete
If you live where it freezes, you'll want to fill the holes with a stud-setting adhesive.  Otherwise water will fill the holes, freeze/expand and crack the concrete.
1
1

Daft cats and catflaps
Jesus Christ, all I did was move the catflap from the back to the front of the house, now they can't understand it any more.
4
4

Can LED bulbs be connected to a flasher?
60 or 120 times a second seems like a very high rate. It's the refresh rate of displays. I'm surprised you'd even see it or that it would be the desirable kind of flashing for holiday lights.
14
14

Above ground pool Pump
So, sounds like you agree, that if the OP is going to convert from a cartridge and is looking at sand, he should consider DE.
14
14

Kidde and First Alert ?
Hello, Are these two outfits the same ? One more reliable than the other ? Thanks, R.
19
19