Subject Author Posted Replies

Multiple section crawl space flooded
Hello all, I am buying a house with 3 inches of water in the crawl space. No foundation issues but need a permanant fix. I am looking to install a sump because groundwater is the source of my mess. My...
7
7

Bed bugs
I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the mattress. Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s. Thanks, Andy
10
10

Recommendation for Dandelion-Specific Killer?
Don't use a general herbicide that kills everything, use one for broad leaf plants such as 2-4D
8
8

Battery powered sprayer
Per I am on my third season with this thing: Add twenty bucks if you do not already have a Ryobi battery and a charger. The spray adjustment is not what I would call wonderful, but it does the job for...
7
7

$5 GALLON GAS NYC
Do you know anything about NYC? Just take the Holland Tunnel to New Jersey. Lowest gas price on 14th Street in Jersey City is $2.76.
2
2

Toro Lawnmower Carb Questions Re Cleaning Of ?
Hello, Thanks for previous help with all of my questions. Much appreciated. I have a 10 year old Toro self propelled 22" GTS Lawn Mower. Tecumseh engine. If I prime it, will run for about 5 seconds;...
1
1

Is there a quick method of removing adhesive from old bathroom tile for reuse?
Is there a way to remove thinset/mastic adhesive from the back of old bathroom tile that's quick and easy enough - and won't require a hazmat suit - to make it worthwhile to reuse them? Not going to...

Shop vac suction loss
I am having an issue with suction loss on my shop vac. I will be using it and it tips over and suction drops. This happens every time it tips over. If I take off the top motor and re-clamp to the...
4
4

OT: this is hysterical: the Gift Basket
Hi All, I laughed my ass off at this. Make sure you are not drinking anything while viewing or it will come out your nose. Gabriel Iglesias, The Gift Basket :-D -T p.s. We are not a Racist Country....
11
11

Tecumseh Questions
LV195EA on a Lawn-Boy I posted about this 12 year old mower last fall when it would not only not start but not even sputter despite everything (gas, spark, etc.) checking o ut. Finally got it to start...
27
27

no electric, no water
Depends on the water supply. If the water is town supplied and always pressure, you can do it. If it is well water and the well pump stops, nothing you do at the bubbler will matter. Plug it into a...
7
7

[SOLVED] Toro Self Propelled 22" Mower Starting Proble, Help, Please
Hello, Would be most grateful for any help or thoughts on this: Have a 10 yr old Toro GPS 22" self propelled Lawn Mower. New Spark Plug New Air Filter. Prime it the 3X they say to do, hold down the...
6
6

hourly rate
Also want to mention that even if you have liability insurance on your home owner's policy, it probably will not cover those working on your property. I discovered and discussed all these concerns...
18
18

Is this car tire repair too close to the sidewall or not?
Just repaired this tire and was wondering since it seems borderline. What do you think about the sidewall proximity? I plugged it with a string tie from the outside. After cutting both sides flush, I...
19
19

Ranger repairs
After 6 years of ownership, and putting over 50,000 additional Km on it (now reading 358,000) I've run into a few repairs. I finally replaced the ORIGINAL rear brakes (the OP gave me the shoes and...
4
4