Subject Author Posted Replies

Pipe cutter?
I really like these types of cutters. No adjusting, very fast and they are great in tight spots. 1/2 in. Tubing Cutter
11
11

Eagle Natural Seal masonry water repellent
I just ordered a 5 gallon container of the above from Home Depot. (They don't stock it but it's free delivery) I am building a room in my basement where I used to have an unfinished darkroom. Though...
2
2

Apartment-building (new) construction
If you look at new houses (one family) even Mcmansions they all seem to be stick built and worry about siding, shingles for roof etc. but even small (under 5 story) apartment buildings are differently...
4
4

Cable Wiring
I need better internet in my basement because work forces me to work from home half time. I have spotty wifi at one end but really need to work at the other. So, the quick and dirty way is to buy a...
34
34

OT Good mem's razor?
I'm trying to find a good nen's razor. Gave up finding a reasonable (less than $100) electric that gives a good shave. Been using the multiple packages of Gillette's but they're only good for one or...
22
22

Tilia vacuum sealer hose question
Nymshifter, you're on a roll this morning, responding to your own posts.
4
4

Mower Engines And Brands ?
Hi, Will probably go for a new Mower. 21' or 22". and self propelled. Questions, please: a. Any consensus re Briggs & Stratton vs. Tecumseh in the size ranges for the mowers I'd be interested in ? Or,...
11
11

Tecumseh Carb & Toro Mower Update
No idea on that. I didn't think small mower engines had a compression release. For sure older ones didn't and they were not hard to pull. Probably the idle mixture adjustment. The main adjustment...
2
2

Cutting PVC
Seems if you were cutting PVC with a string as an electrician, you'd know the answer to that.
8
8

Honda Hydrostatic Drive vs Belt Drive: Advantages?
Snowblowers. Hydrostatic *sounds* sexy - but so did gear drive on my BCS & implements, but it sucks pretty bad in practice: expensive, noisy, heavy... So what about hydrostatic vs belt drive? Belts, I...
6
6

Recommendations for mattress cover
We have these for a few years now. The work well. Create a healthy sleep zone with a Goof Proof mattress protector and pillow protector. There's nothing quite like an unstoppable mattress or pillow...
2
2

Toro 22" Self Propelled Mower: Use A Fuel Filter ?
Great idea - simple google search - accurate info - one random example : Click on the Parts drawing for a blow-up and parts list. John T. Parts – 22" Recycler Lawnmower | Toro
5
5

Higher temp outside, lower in.
Outside you had radiational cooling and probably still air. Each body inside is giving off about 320 Btu also. Now you have solar heating outside and wind bringing the cooking air inside if you have...
1
1

UK ISPs finally have to stop lying about broadband speeds
New rules around broadband advertising will usher in a depressing new era of honesty about the UK's cripplingly out-dated internet infrastructure New rules around broadband advertising will usher in a...

Massive 18-inch hammerhead worms are invading France
So scientist are smart enough to recognize an invasive flat worm species, and have tried to eradicate it, but they still don't recognize that Muslims are an invasive species, and keep bringing in more...
1
1