Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Ray Charles sings
This might be a day late in a sense but anyhow:

No water was or had been running when a vibration like a noisy fan motor started but was plumbing vibration in the walls. It stops when any faucet is turned on and draws a quart or more a minute.
Drained the entire system through a garden hose and this did not cure the vibration. Any suggestions?
4
4

4th of July
Only exists because people were armed

OT. Free food
I stopped at an Iron Skillet restaurant today. Vets got a free meal. They also had the Fallen Soldiers' table set up. Iron Skillet is tied in with Petro Truck Stops.
2
2

3 months in a cave versus drowning, or close to it.
If you couldnt' swim and you'd never snorkeled or scubadived, would you rather spend 3 months in a cave or try to swim 2.5 KM to get out. I went snorkeling this spring and water got in the snorkel. I...
96
96

smoke alarm with montoring delay
Is the alarm photoelectric, ionization, or dual sensor?
26
26

Weed wacker string usage
He's careless. Wacking the concrete instead of the weeds.
12
12

OT: Some facts on European cars in the USA
Trump is spewing that MB and BMW ship cars into the USA by the millions! "The European Union ? they send us Mercedes, they send us -- by the millions -- the BMWs -- cars by the millions," Trump said."...

Need Help Connecting Garden Hose to Faucet
I'd like to connect a garden hose to my faucet's quick-connect adapter when not using the dental irrigator that's usually connected to it. On the left is the quick-connect adapter for a standard...
3
3

Connect cell phone to RJ11 home phone wiring jacks
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link via Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can...
7
7

OT - Harley redux
I'd rather tolerate a passing semi than a loud obnoxious motorcycle who's rider needs to blip the throttle to overcome his inadequacy.
6
6

Window Blinds
[snip] I bought blinds at Wal-Mart for 2 windows. I measured them and got the proper size (according to them). In both cases, I had to go back for the next larger size.
8
8

Ozone generator for cigar room in home with pets
The ozone generator will take care of the smell but what do you do about that nasty taste?
3
3

How do I find t he leak
Yesterday, I found water dripping from my dining room chandelier. This hasnt' happened for 25 years, and when it did, it was after someoen took a shower in the bathtub. I take showers in the shower...
9
9

There will be NO MORE WEATHER this year
Thank goodness. I was getting tired of the weather, always changing, or when it stayed the same.
1
1