Subject Author Posted Replies

power went out on random rooms in the house, i opened the cut-hammer cb box and everything seems to be fine
watching tv one night and the tv went out and the kitchen microwave went out. 2 bedroom power went out. checked the circuit breaker box and there no smell of burned wires. there is power in like half...
6
6

Caboose House
I guess it's for rent. $420/night <> Meet the James Station, a red caboose turned tiny home that combines classic charm with modern convenience to offer guests unique experiences. This renov... Meet...
7
7

OT. Is Canada Burning Down?
Poor management plus dry weather is creating quite a mess. <> ABC News is claiming Washington, DC is getting the worst of the smoke today. The weather people here in Nebraska were saying Lincoln had...
12
12

OT. Solar Runoff
One bad thing about solar I don't see mentioned is the water runoff from the panels. The panels don't absorb rain like the dirt below them would. <> How “green” is their valley? Well, before solar...
6
6

Dirt cheap way to transport dirt a hundred feet uphill (and a thousand feet in distance)
I have a lot of soil downhill about fifty to a hundred feet in height (and about five hundred to a thousand feet in distance) that I'd like to move. Also, there are piles of wood chips a neighbor...
7
7

What is the name of the valve on a 1 pound propane cylinder
What is the correct technical name for the valve that is on the refillable (DOT 4BA) or non-refillable (DOT 39) indoors one pound propane cylinders? I've been googling like crazy where I found the...
37
37

How to make a little bump
My current radio has station preset buttons that light up, and it's very convenient when the lights are off at night. I'm about to buy a wifi-radio that has lots of great features but the 5 preset...
18
18

Micky, I thought about something you said.
Micky, I thought about something you said. The world is filled with just salesmen and reporters. You can't stop a salesman from sneaking out at night and hopping over the fence to the dirty side and...
1
1

Vestibule vs Veranda
I still don't get it. Here, in construction, you might hear: 'veranda' and 'vestibule'. I decided to look them up. ==================== " ... is that vestibule is a passage, hall or room, such as a...
7
7

Honeywell RTH7600D thermostat has the word “Change” on upper left
Honeywell RTH7600D thermostat has the word “Change” on upper left.
12
12

How to widen a knife block slot?
Normal knife block holds 8 on the slant ie chef knives and 6 on the bottom for steak knives. I want to enlarge a slot to fit a cheese knife. I need a quarter inch more. The slots do not go through the...
33
33

OT. Jaguar Recall
It isn't just the cheap (relatively speaking) vehicles with problems. <> Automaker Jaguar has announced a comprehensive recall of all its I-Pace electric vehicles in the United States, citing a...
7
7

Where can I get an industrial sized outdoor blender on the cheap?
I have been making my own compost out of everything in the kitchen. Yes. Everything. I don't subscribe to the 'rats' will eat the bones. They don't. I put kitchen scraps (peels, cores, vegetable...
7
7

Musty particle board furniture?
Hi. I inherited a platform bed that is made of particle board. Very sturdy and I'm happy with it. The surfaces that show are all covered in a veneer so that's easy to clean off. But the backsides of...
6
6

How much did you pay to certify your ten year old 20 pound portable propane tank?
I just assembled a brand new duel fuel portable generator based on this thread and now I have to buy for the first time in my life a propane tank. do portble generators make such a big deal about...
3
3