Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: my best fish picture of 2017
Yeah! That's called aquaponics. We pumped the fish water to the plants in our greenhouse and the overflow went through some filters and back into the fish tanks.
3
3

That anti-straw movement? It's all based on one 9-year-old's suspect statistic
so how many straws is acceptable to you?
6
6

Please stop debating politics here
Actually I'm here to stand up for truth, justice and the American way.
10
10

Smoke detector woes
Had one of those 10 year smoke detectors start going off regularly for no reason after five years of service. Called the manufacturer, waited on hold a good 20-25 minutes for a customer no-service...
4
4

OT Good guys with guns.
Oren posted for all of us... I love it when he shoots through the windshield. He is not taking incoming from that knucklehead.
2
2

How much extra do people affiliated with Home Advisor charge?
I bought a new shower sliding door and went online to find someone to install it. The person who contacted me from Home Advisor wanted $425 to install the door and cart the old door away. I then went...
1
1

Notched 2x10's in center, easiest reinforcement if necessary.
All too true. A friend bought a home in a major city a few years back and hired a recommended home inspector. He gave her a long, detailed report, complete with pictures of some concern areas....
6
6

OT stop using plastic straws to stop serving meat?
OT, which would you prefer, for your company cafeteria to stop using plastic straws to stop serving meat?
5
5

covering over some holes in plastic/vinyl siding
twenty five year old house with vinyl siding. Yeah, it's drying out but most is ok. But... there are a bunch of places that were bumped against during moving or construction that have small holes, say...
3
3

Please help identify switch
I hope someone here can help me identify this switch or an equivalent one. It's from an old (late '70s) GE range hood. There are a pair of pushbutton switches - one controls the fan - push once for...
14
14

Garage door opener broken
chain/retracting cable Any ones made in at least the last several decades should trip, reverse, st op, etc, but not grind because they have force sensors. Like others have said, if the door is not...
10
10

How do I wash off plumber's putty from my hands?
I have used a lot of plumbers putty. It's just a putty based on an oil, which is like linseed oil. It's pretty darn harmless. If anything it might add some needed oil to dry skin. I can understand not...
4
4

Leakage in Foundation Next to PVC Pipe
Hi, There?s a leak in our basement that I?m trying to fix. It only occurs when it rains. It?s right next to the septic PVC pipe that drains out of the house. However, there is also an electrical...
3
3

OT: Lyme disease..... again
I've been surprised that I never got it having spent a lot of time in the woods bow hunting in the fall. I've seen deer ticks crawling on my clothing but was never bitten. Figure it was from wearing...
4
4

Home repairs
Yeah, but at least he didn't grab her pussy like he bragged about with other women.
22
22