Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. North Dakota Pyramid
This was in a show called Mysteries of the Abandoned. It was designed to shoot down incoming Soviet missiles. It was supposedly switched on for only three days. Was it a huge boondogle or a wise...
1
1

How long should a normal 50 gallon hot water heater typically last hot?
My Bosch dishwasher features a built-in water heater element that can raise the wash and/or rinse water temp to whatever I want. I don't use it though as the standard 120 degree water temp from the...
12
12

[SOLVED] (OT) Fishing question
It is good activity and exercise. I am the other way. What good is it to watch the common sports like baseball and football ? YOu just sit there and watch people making more money during that game...
27
27

White Westing House tub moves
I have a Westinghouse 55" LCD TV. Somebody bought the rights to the name. And I have to say, for essentially a no-name, low cost TV, it's working great at 3 years. Previously I had an expensive Sony...
7
7

I like the EU
I can't imagine why.
9
9

Extension cords, flags at half-mast
Went to buy a 25-foot extension cord like I did 2 years ago at Home Depot. HD no longer has standard cords, only heavy duty. Not brown or black, only red or yellow. Not with 3 outlets on the end, only...
6
6

Cat abuse
Yes and more importantly where you have a lot of feral cats, you see birds, rabbits and squirrels being replaced by rats because the rat is pretty much the only animal that can reproduce faster than...
2
2

SiriusXm for free
No signup required. Ten days, unlimited listening, then they pull the plug. They seem to regularly offer these freebie promos around major holidays. It costs them zero to do it other than paying the...
8
8

Drywall finishing
  In what order to *you* finish drywall ? Spot nails/screws , then vertical joints then horizontal ,and corners last ? Or horizontals first then verticals and corners last ? Or is it just a matter of...

Why are studs 92-5/8 inches
On 8/30/2018 1:21 AM, Jerome Tews wrote:
23
23

GoPro keeps filming after being engulfed in molten lava
right! LOL. if this was true, gopro and who ever made the SD card would be burning up the airwaves with commercials showing how indestructable their products are, not to mention theirs no way anyone...
2
2

Downdraft cooktop
We just had one installed but a behind the range vs. built into it. It rais es 14 inches up when turned on and at 600 cfm the inspector said it would c ause a vacuum in the house and cause a problem...
4
4

Wife wants 540 threads per inch pima cotton sateen sheets?
That is correct and mercerized cotton has been treated with caustic to improve strength and shrinkage. The higher thread count means that the yarn used is finer and sheets will feel softer.
16
16

Deteriorating decals
I have a circa 1950, Smith Miller Mobil Tanker" truck. Here's are "before" photos of the truck: s-truck-tanker I have: used a paint-stripper to remove the original paint. sanded the wooden body to a...
7
7

on line ordering from Lowes and Home Depot
Might ad that posting at Lowes Facebook page got response that they would look into. They would have only given credit had I not received the item. Today we live in a pool of internet and phone...
6
6