Subject Author Posted Replies

Wiring protection auto or similar application?
You sure you're not over engineering it? Wire insulation for auto use is to ugh, I've never seen it affected by oil, if gas is getting on it, a bit of that won't harm it either, if it's more than that...
13
13

Maax Hydromassage Bathtub
I moved into a new home with this tub and noticed after a few baths that the hot water is leaking enough to cause water stains on the ceiling on the level below. Now because it is only when I use the...
4
4

replacing a leader hose on a roman faucet
so I'm trying to replace a leader hose on this, but I cant get through the metal piece in the picture with the arrow. Even the name of the grommet so I could look it up would probably help.
1
1

Red jackets in the gas grill
Then stop buying red jackets and putting them there. Perhaps you mean "yellow jackets"? You have a pile of jackets on your grill and they are building nests? The soap was to clean the jackets? If...
23
23

Keep off the grass
A man put up a good old fashioned electric fence to get kid's attention. He put it on county property so had to remove it. Officials are ok with him putting it back up on his property.
4
4

OT. 1999 Impreza sun roof motor
I'm in need of one and not having much luck doing searches. Fortunately, the sun roof is closed. Disconnecting the motor so no one can even try it looks like the best option. Subie doesn't sell them...
12
12

Ebay encourters
I bought a little piece of "electronics" from xxxxx and I'm pleased to say it came not from the red commies in what they call China, but from Taipei Taiwan, from real Americans. Unfortunately it won't...
1
1

"Sanitary Sewer" Now that's an oxymoron.
Sewers are more sanitary than the previous technology, which was to let the effluent run through open gutters alongside the streets. Cindy Hamilton
7
7

My electric drill keeps blowing fuses
My electric drill keeps blowing fuses. The moment I plug it in, a fuse blows. I have bought six boxes of fuses already, and all of them blew. That's 24 fuses. And a box of them costs about $9. So it's...
11
11

How effective is penetrating oil?
The minute you epoxy it, the switch or some other internal part will go bad. If you do break off a bolt in the cast iron, just drill it out and tap the hole. Cast iron is not all that hard to drill....
13
13

Amazon's Jeff Bezos only makes $4,475,885 per hour
"Some of America?s 1% make more money in 60 minutes than the average person will make in their lifetime. Amazon honcho Jeff Bezos makes more than any person in America, raking in a whopping $4,475,885...
18
18

Red jackets in my gas grill
Had not heard of this wasp and see it can sting and nests may have a lot of wasps. I would probably spray with permethrin insecticide which is fairly safe around people or animals and would think...
8
8

OT: Wrong pets?
Because, like you, they can't be house trained.
258
258

OT. North Dakota Pyramid
This was in a show called Mysteries of the Abandoned. It was designed to shoot down incoming Soviet missiles. It was supposedly switched on for only three days. Was it a huge boondogle or a wise...
1
1

How long should a normal 50 gallon hot water heater typically last hot?
My Bosch dishwasher features a built-in water heater element that can raise the wash and/or rinse water temp to whatever I want. I don't use it though as the standard 120 degree water temp from the...
12
12