Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Displacement 40
The secret formula has been moved to a new location.

Are chain link screws sharp?
Obviously the poor dog wanted out of its concrete prison cell kennel pretty badly.  Most people don't give a shit but kennels are a bad place to board a pet.
6
6

Fluorescent ballast
Wiring diagram is not an indication of shunted or non. There are two ways to confirm if you have shunted tombstones... 1) test them with a continuity meter 2) they should look like the photo in the...
17
17

Are there realy people who don't even own a set of screwdrivers?
Drove to San Luis Obispo yesterday, where a neighbor has kids going to school there, so she came along to visit her kids living in an off campus apartment. When I came to pick her up, the kids asked...
25
25

OT: Hurricane, stupid is as stupid does....
About 200 residents in the coastal town of New Bern have been rescued so far and were taken to shelters. Another 150 are awaiting rescue as the dangerous Category 1 hurricane moved ashore early Friday...
5
5

Gas Explosions near Boston
I have no additional info on this other than what I saw on the TV news. There are two things that I can think of that could cause this. 1) a large excess of pressure in the gas main causing regulators...
4
4

You know all those movies you bought from Apple?
 Um, well, think different: You didn't As the licensing terms change, your 'purchase' can vanish Remember when you decided to buy, rather than rent, that movie online? We have some bad news for you ?...
23
23

Refrigerator question
A neighbor had a refrigerator with digital controls and it would occasionally stop cooling for no apparent reason.  He said he had to unplug it for 30 seconds or so, plug it back in and then hit a...
11
11

Craftsman 42793
Try the local Ace Hardware.
2
2

OT: Sears, put a fork in us, we're done
when you are at work and suggest something change and the reply is "but we've always done it this way" you have met the problem face to face m
14
14

Sectv
Sectv for me 18706 in PA. Up 2 bucks no notice. I hate sectv more than my big losses

Earl Grey and Poppy Seed Cake
It's been years ao now, but I used to bake an Earl Grey and Poppy Seed Cake, baked in a bundt pan, the drizzles with a light glaze. A very interesting flavor and texture, as it used a lot of poppy...

What specific tools are GOOD to buy at Harbor Freight?
While there are lots of tools that are bad to buy at HF, this thread only asks for the GOOD tools to buy. The reason I ask is that whenever I go to Harbor Freight nowadays, I already have all of what...
28
28

foaming watermelon
I bought a new, spherical watermelon at the supermarket, left it in my trunk (but it was a rainy, no sun day, and 20 hours later it had foam coming out of one end, one or two golf-ball size blobs of...
4
4

Thermostat, And Also A Schematic Symbol Quest., Please
... ... As others said, need context, but generally would represent the coil of a magnetic relay or overload breaker or the like...often will be parallel line of the associated contacts with it or in...
6
6