Subject Author Posted Replies

Attic roofAttic roof inflation and ventilation without a soffit.
I want to finish a small room in my attic that is 1/2 the length of the home. There are no soffits built into the house. Inside the attic and just about 10? in from where the 12 on 12 roof meets the...
1
1

Verizon doesn't like old employees
Verizon is kicking their old folks to the curb.  Out with the old, in with the younger/faster/cheaper/smarter millennials. Moves seen as major effort to cut employee rolls, particularly US-based.
7
7

OT: Annoyances - mobile phones used on car speakers
Do you even know what "most" means?
98
98

What will remove the glue from "Mouse Glue Traps".
Yes, I had some of those which had instructions on how to release an animal you have trapped and it said I'm 99% sure to use cooking oil.
5
5

OT Update your imcome
OT Chase Bank has sent me 3 or 4 identical emails saying to update my income so I can have a higher credit limit. But today it sent a different style. They are really putting a lot of effort into...
1
1

Are Antenna TVs Making A Comeback?
To be honest we never even tried to watch You Tube on the smart TV but I do look at it on my PC connected TV in the living room.
15
15

Household glue
I just thought of the old Duco cement which is nitro cellulose.
46
46

Problem with economics of on demand hot water heaters
yes I agree. Especially if you live in a cold climate, the "waste" heat is not really wasted but helps heat the living space. m
15
15

OT. Porsche dropping diesels
Diesel cars and pickups never caught on in my little world. A few people bought diesel vehicles during the Arab oil embargoes but that was it. Farm tractors are almost all diesel powered. A rough...

crossed wifes to mower when jumpstarting
I was trying to jumpstart my riding mower. I crossed the polarity on my te rminals. It melted the top off the red (pos) terminal. Now it won't star t. What cooked? My guess is that the battery, but is...
3
3

Why diesel for cars?
You must be listening to vintage diesel cars. Modern ones are hard to distinguish from a gas engine. The advantages to diesels are better mileage and longer engine life. A big advantage they used to...
9
9

Pexs
I have a mobile home in Az. There is a leak under the home. In order to fix the leak I worked harder to saw cut my garage floor but I thought if I ran pexs above the garage floor then back down to the...
2
2

Natural Gas Detector For House: Battery Operated Only ?
Hello, Looking for a Natural Gas Detector for the house. (Not Carbon Monoxide/CO, want for Natural Gas) Must be battery operated; not 110V plug in. Surprisingly, I could not find any like this on...
2
2

hello fresh
Has anyone tried hello fresh meal service? What were the results? I am a single old man and would like to eat at home but don`t want to plan or cook a meal. Whadda you think?
23
23

Common property door lock keeps getting changed by one of the unit owners
Get a strata manager here to repeat all your circle-talking nonsense and it might be believable. No, there isn't a debtor's prison. The method is to place a lien on the property and the owner can't...
168
168