Subject Author Posted Replies

How does this scam work?
I'm pretty sure this is a scam, but I don't get how it would get me. Sell Am ready for this sale but can you accept check payment and pickup will hold after it clears your bank? This sounds eminently...
9
9

OT Opioid abuse
I saw one "study" regarding iirc having doctors who actually already did prescribe a drug teach a class (to other doctors? maybe those who conveniently worked in the same hospital so it was easy to go...
2
2

OT: Lion Air brand new 737 crash
What's up with that? Looks like it may be an airspeed indicator problem followed by the crew being unable to deal with it and fly the plane? Really bizarre on a brand new plane. And unlike the Air...
49
49

Surgery students 'losing dexterity to stitch patients'
On 30 Oct 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote (in article): Let?s all go back to Meccano sets....
5
5

Uncle Monster???
On Tue, 30 Oct 2018 07:28:24 +0000, Bod wrote in I haven't seen anything from him in quite a while. The last I remember of him was that he was in some kind of nursing or elder-care home, and not doing...
4
4

clear and rake the brush
TV court show Woman hires landscaping company to clear space bettween her house and the lake. Her lot extends to the lake. It requires dropping three 40 to 50 foot trees, cutting the wood adn putting...
4
4

Fridge/freezer stat
My new LG fridge freezer has a dial which reads "C . . . N . . . W", which I assume is cold to normal to warm. But on both ends I can turn it a long way past the C or the W to an area just labelled...
7
7

Cost efficiency - electric space heater versus whole home hot air propane heating?
I have a large home and no money (retired too soon, I guess). Only 4 people in the house - 3 bedrooms in use, all on different floors. Multiple furnaces involved. Hot air. Propane. About 3 bucks a...
11
11

OT: inconsiderate shoppers
Only look at dates for short life products, < 7days. For most things I don't bother, nose and eyes work quite well. Not checking dates caught me out on Friday last week, SWMBO'd found an item from...
453
453

Use the dishwasher
This might not be new to most but anyhow: Machines do better than people.
10
10

do I need A/C service
Usually, I have A/C serviced every six months. There is this A/C which I have not used for the past six months. Does it still need service?
6
6

Costco (upcoming) Black Friday hardware sales (leaked)
Costco (upcoming) Black Friday hardware sales (leaked) o Dell XPS 13 4K UHD touchscreen laptop = $1,500 - Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD. o HP 14" 1080p Chromebook = $200 - Intel Celeron processor,...
2
2

Steam boiler rads leaking water at valves
I have a very old steam boiler that has worked fine until today. The valves on the rads started leaking water. We removed a valve and when the boiler kicked on, water started pouring out of the hole...

How do fridge freezers ever work?
Take the standard fridge freezer - one thermostat (in the fridge half) and one compressor. Assume expected ambient room temperature of 20C. Fridge kept at 5C by thermostat. Temperature difference...
69
69

Ancestry (was Syock)
OK I was just curious when I saw the name pop. We seem to have the same problem Pocahontas has. The Cherokee don't seem to believe Jane Nutt (1800-1870) was an indian. I already knew that because I...
7
7