Subject Author Posted Replies

Boarded Victorian Loft Strength
Morning, My wife and I have moved into a 1900 victorian semi that has a boarded loft space, I was wondering how strong this unlikely to be and was hoping for some advice, since we've moved in we have...
1
1

Google bus schedules match bus company's
I have to have "small" surgery, a TURP, ugh, and I can't drive there because they won't let me drive home. So I'm taking the bus in the middle of the night, when they don't run frequently, and I've...

Garage-door opener
Last night, I discovered my garage door was UP (again)! (After parking my car in the garage, I bring the garage-door opener's remote-control into the house. Apparently, I accidentally press the...
16
16

Hot water
I just bought a home that is 5 years old. The hot water outlet gets hot but no hot water comes out the hot water side of the faucet. Only cold water. It has a Talco cartridge circulator. The valves...
2
2

OT: Roundabout and 4way stop confusion
I think I've worked out why Americans don't like roundabouts. Your rules are screwed up - at a 4 way stop, you give way to your right, and on a roundabout you give way to your left. No wonder people...
111
111

Miniblinds. Up or down?
Window shades. When I ask about miniblinds what else are they used on?
9
9

Tariffs hamstring the US in the race to 5G
Did you even read the actual article? It wasn't about having inadequate wireless service, it was about the transition to 5G. Again, from the article, the major wireless carriers are rolling out 5G...
12
12

DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME IS ALMOST OVER, DEAR RECRUITS
Actually, Ben Franklin was almost as brainy as Leonardo da Vinci. I wear bifocals, another of his inventions. You were lucky you didn't lose the War of Independence, in which case he would have been...
7
7

Breaker
I was in my room playing my game when my game system suddenly shut down and wouldn't turn back on. In fact none of the outlets in my room nor in the room next to my bedroom were working. So I went...
4
4

Why do cars "bong!" when you crash?
Its to let you know that the recorder has registered it so the little black box can be removed by your insurance company and see what happened, Some air bag actuators do this, though to be honest if...
124
124

Fish fingers surprisingly sustainable, say conservationists
On 2 Nov 2018, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote (in article): If only they could cross a fish with a squid and have something with lots more fingers, those folks at Grimsby would be smiling from gill to...
3
3

OT: Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday, Nov. 4th
Hi All, Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday, Nov. 4th Wish they'd just get rid of it. :'( -T (His Resplendence)
6
6

$4.90/gallon
$2.70 down here in God's country.
7
7

Li-Ion batteries
I've got some very good 18650 Panasonics - 3Ah, but there seems to be nothing worth getting at the 14500 (AA) size. I thought LiIon was meant to hold more power per volume, which is certainly true of...
41
41

Nail holes showing up
I have VG fir trim all over my house. It was installed pre-finished. 6 years later the nail holes that were filled with putty are showing up really prominently. If I do a light sand a put a coat of...
2
2