Subject Author Posted Replies

Poor customer service
I get a lot of calls from various telemarketers for medicare benefits, final expense insurance, home improvements, etc. Most every one starts the call with "how are you?" The problem is, they ask how...
54
54

Lost $2000
Yesterday I got a call and the person told me my number was chosen by random to receive a $2000 government grant. I don't have to pay it back. Wow, that was exciting. He went on to say, all I had to...

nails used for siding for homeasote sheathing from the 1960-s
nails have hook at end on last hit with hammer

102-Year-Old Oakland Man Ordered to Clean Up Graffiti on the Back Fence of His Home or Face Hefty Fine
The City of Oakland, California has ordered a centenarian resident to clean up graffiti from his property or face a substantial fine, KTVU reported. Victor Silva Sr., a 102-year-old wheelchair user...
24
24

Wood CHipper vs nails
If I rent a wood chipper from HD or Lowes, would it be damaged by chipping lumber with nails in it?
2
2

OT Florida toll road question
Am I correct that there is no way to pay cash or charge at the time of using for toll roads in the DelRay to Key Largo, or the Miami to Naples portion of Florida? Is it possible to avoid toll roads...
8
8

OT Who writes this stuff anyway?
OT Who writes this stuff anyway? The first paragraph says that compact cars are larger, but the second says they are better for fitting in tight parking spaces!!!!! Things You Should Know Compact cars...
2
2

Semitrailer with spinning tires
Today at an intersection, I saw a semi-tractor-trailer and the rear of the trailer had probably 3 sets of wheels, and the front one was off the ground, and even while the truck was not moving, the...
10
10

Old Wood
I bought this house last summer and there was a picket fence panel lying on the ground for over two years. How do you judge its reliability (mildew, rot, other biohazards) and how it can be restored?...
1
1

Lost my part time job
After I retired, I wanted to keep a little busy so I found a part time job. It was with a Boeing subcontractor and it was perfect. I'd go in for just a couple of hours a day. My job was to put the...
7
7

Knots
Ever wish you could tie the appropriate knot when you need it? how to tie 196 different knots, including 5 (not just 4) for a necktie) and 3 for shoelaces, and 2 for a surgeon. Learn surgery in your...
2
2

Damage to the plane
If a passenger is not wearing his seatbelt when the Seatbelt Light is on, and the plane does a nosedive, and he or she goes up to the top of the passenger compartment, bashes it with his head, etc....

Betty Crocker Cupcake Icing
I bought a can of Betty Crocker Cupcake Icing chocolate. Impatient people can skip the story and go stright to the amazing part** It was 54.99, marked down to 2.49. Usually the half-price stuff looks...
6
6

WWWW - What's with windshield wipers
WWWW What's with windshield wipers. The last time I bought them they had the normal kind, with metal brackets that pushed the rubber against the window, and they had one-piece curved rubber with a...
5
5

OT where has it gotten us?
I was at the Ugvar-Hazy museum, near Dulles Airport, part of the Air & Space Museum today, and I saw a plane that was like the plane that George HW Bush flew in WW2. Eventually he was shot down but...
29
29