Subject Author Posted Replies

Re:Tips and tricks, toilet flapper chain
As a service plumber for years, I have seen this intermittent problem for years among all sorts of toilets. The more difficult to repair are the simple newer chain activated flappers, mostly because...

Backflow preventer (protecting potable water supply)
I seem to see three types of backflow preventers: 1. valve + vacuum breaker 2. double-check-valves 3. double-check-valves + pressure regulator If I don't need or want pressure regulation how do you...
3
3

Re: stanley garage door opener?
Do they still make them now - look for info on a stanley gate opener from 1974?
1
1

On topic :-) Garbage disposal locking up
I am having problems with my disposal locking up. I free it up using either an allen wrench from the bottom and also using a socket from above. But a day later, it locks up again. I could see nothing...
6
6

1 ¼” EMT conduit.
1 ¼” EMT conduit made by Allied (Calconduit) may not be bendable to 90 degrees by a hand bender. 1 ¼” EMT conduit made by Republic (Nucor) and sold at Lowe’s is bendable to 90 degrees by a...
2
2

Drain maintenance for grease
I have a kitchen drain that I recently opened with a snake due to grease accumulation. I was able to do this from a cleanout plug close to the kitchen sink. I am careful not to pour grease down the...
10
10

18 years ago Dum-Diesel Was Already Threatening To Shoot People In The Head
Raid Slam > Subject: Re: HLL_rAIDS.exe 1/3 Date: 1999/11/20 Message-ID: >#1/1 X-Deja-AN: 550898664 References: > Bytes: 916 X-Originating-Host: 208.25.255.2 X-Complaints-To: X-Trace: WReNphoon3...

Wall mount TV
+1 That's how the ones I have worked too. There was a small cord in the back that you later pull to release the latch so it comes off. There is flexibility on the spacing of the verticles on the wall...
40
40

Thermostat won't start heater automatically.
If heater is turned to "on" from the "off" position, it works fine for the initial warmup and turns off at the desired temperature. After that, it won't restart automatically, it has to be turned off,...
3
3

How to dispose of fibreglass batting?
Is fibreglass batting insulation considered to be hazardous waste? I replaced a few feet of it in my attic and put the old stuff in my regular trash barrel... and the trash crew didn't take it. They...
15
15

I want my own plane
It's too late to do this but if you'd been on your toes Oct. and NOv. of 2017, you could have had some essential and other parts of a United 747. normally costs about 100 dollars an hour to sit in a...
28
28

OT passing the budget, overriding the veto
On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 00:00:12 -0500, micky wrote: A pocket veto occurs when a bill fails to become law because the president does not sign the bill and cannot return the bill to Congress within a...
12
12