Subject Author Posted Replies

Banister Attachment
I recently moved into a house where one of the banisters has pulled away from the wall on the stairs. A quick scan with a stud finder shows that the attachment is several inches away from the closest...
16
16

whole house backup generator quote
Hi All, This quote came thorough for a full house backup generator. Some of these numbers seems a bit high. Labor: $ 11,200.00 Generator: $ 5,505.65 ATS-100AMP: $ 913.40 Concrete Pad: $ 294.16...
26
26

Pale ring marks on kitchen worktop any fix/solution?
This is my son's Howdens (UK) kitchen worktop about three years old with a formica like material, (grey stone like, presumably printed sub-surface); with a lightly textured finish on top. The ring...
4
4

new house had mold years ago
My new house had sofit damage and mold issues five years ago. EVen the ducts were cleaned. Spozably the mold was encapsulated. ANd much of the drywall was replaced. What can I do to protect myself. I...
1
1

How not to drive a Corvette
The video is about 5 minutes but the main attraction is in the first 25 seconds. Sometimes you should not show off. The driver of this 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible attempted to show off while...
1
1

Where do you get door glass for a 1996 vehicle?
Apparently Toyota doesn't make the glass anymore. The front passenger side door glass is called "green". The bonded rear quarter glass is called "gray" (no antenna). 68101-35150 Right (passenger side)...
14
14

Wall-Mounting First Alert Smoke Detector
The wall mounting instructions for a First Alert P1210E smoke detectors say to put the mounting slots at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions. But that requires using plastic drywall anchors for the...
25
25

Roughly 40 to 50 gallons of 50% glyphosate (roundup) on the cheap?
Neighbors and I want to chip in to get a good price on the 50% (or 42%) glyphosate (some people call it roundup for some strange reason). Probably need to buy 40 to 50 gallons to get a farmer's better...
22
22

Fancy quartz countertops are killing people who make them, doctors say
Here’s a kitchen design trend to die for. Quartz countertops are now the most popular choice among home renovators and designers because of their durability and resistance to stains, scratches and...
1
1

Underside of stainless steel sink STINKS HORRIBLY!
Hello all - I hope somebody can help! My wife and I have a Kindred stainless steel double sink. The underside sound-deadening coating stinks very badly. We had the sink installed about 12 years ago....
49
49

Could a block of ice cool a ten foot square room?
Given an average ten foot square room, is it possible to cool it by putting a big block of ice in the middle to melt?
9
9

polymeric sand and driveway gaps
Hi All, The expansion gaps in cement driveways that fill full of weeds would be solved with polymeric sand, but would it cause the cement to crack when it tried to expand? And would the polymeric sand...
4
4

two phase or three phase
Hi All, I am noticing that Kohler's whole house standby generator comes in single phase and three phase. My dryer and my stove both use 230V. So I though my house was two phase from the service and...
37
37

House backup generator vibration
Hi All, Part of my planning for a whole house backup generator is protecting my foundation from vibration. When my foundation was poured the jerk used too much sulfur so it would dry quicker in cold...
6
6

Pavers walkway question
Hi All, My front yard is covered in decorative rocks. I have a sidewalk from my driveway to my front door. If I walk around the house to the gate on the side of the house, I am walking on the...
35
35