Subject Author Posted Replies

Inverter generator Do I need that?
I'm considering buying a generator. Just a portable that would keep the refrigerator going, maybe the TV or internet. Nothing of higher power demand and only for a few hours a day if power goes out...
106
106

OT Two cc's in separate envelopes
If two people are using the same account , then you are supposed to have that person added and issued their own card. Otherwise somebody should notice if a woman is using a card with a guys name on...
15
15

water dripping from main inside house valve
I just got back from a trip. Had turned off the water and drained the pipes so no chance of pipes freezing. I've done this at least twice before, but this time, when I turned the main house valve on,...
43
43

Oil for Hunter Original Ceiling Fans
Hunter Original ceiling fans have an oil reserve that lubricates them during use, The oil level needs to be checked periodically with a home made pipe cleaner dip stick. Hunter says to use SAE 10...
4
4

OT Disable Nissan security alarm?
Does anyone happen to know how to disable the security alarm on my 2012 Nissan Versa? Want to stop it from going off for no reason I can determine. VERY embarrasing! No success looking in user's...
10
10

Reducing the german cockroach population
I am looking for new ways for reducing my German cockroach population. I current use Diatomaceous Earth and roach bait. I keep areas fairly clean of food particles. I live in an apt. so I understand...
8
8

Sharp R21LCF fuse replacement
Hi All, We had a power flash at out house (lights flickered). And our Sharp R21LCF microwave went out at the same time. Looking at the service manual for my Sharp R21LCF, see that cause of a...
3
3

Brake fluid in power steering?
My 2002 Renault Scenic has on the power steering cap "use DOT 4 brake fluid" so I did, then realised it was not the brake reservoir! Should I be concerned? It was just a small topup. Does it have the...
289
289

Can not beat their prices
I hate to say this but.... I have been ordering quite a bit of items from China. I do not mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it because I can often get it for 1/3 the price of a u.s. seller. Which makes...
30
30

Car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time?
Is there a car radio that will mix sound inputs and play them at the same time? AFAICT, both the Mazda 2 that I had and the current Honda Jazz/Fit and maybe any other car I've driven lately only...
9
9