Subject Author Posted Replies

Current carrying capacity of shielded wire by the wire gauge
Having a hard time finding something that isn't rocket science. I want to know the current carrying capacity of shielded wire by the wire gauge for runs of less than 25 feet. I found this....
9
9

OT. No more Beetles
<> The last one will be going to a museum. "The company is gearing up for mass production of the battery-driven compact ID.3, a car that the company predicts will have an impact like that of the...
4
4

Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer
I have a Intermatic T101 -24 hr timer; I keep setting the correct time of day, but clock dial continues to turn counter clockwise? Do I need to replace the unit?
4
4

Seeking higher security Sliding Doors
Hi, I need to replace a sliding glass door on the back of my house. I know sliding doors can be lifted out of the track by a burglar. Are there any makes/models of sliding glass doors that offer...
18
18

Pounding Sand
I just spent two days. Actually 'jointing compound', but it looks pretty much like sand. Pounded into the cracks between the paving bricks with a rubber mallet. Putting water will set the compound;...

Polyester/epoxy resins and styrofoam
  Live and learn , it's expensive ! So about 14 years ago we bought a camping trailer . One of those super lightweight units . The problem is , nobody ever said a word about checking the caulking...
4
4

OT cross-country convoy
OT In another post, someone asked about the background for the US interstate highways. I knew about Eisenhower noticing that the Krauts had roads from the east side of the country to the west, but I...
1
1

120v 20 Amp to 220v circuit 20 Amp
Is the wire in pipe all the way to the panel ? Does it run thru boxes ? Is it feeding anything else ? ( Maybe an outlet / light ) Is it on a GFCI outlet or GFCI breaker ? ( It should be ) You can tape...
54
54

Cannot get a Gould GT15 to build pressure.
We took our pump out of storage and set it up. We have the intake line in a cage with netting to filter out algae and aquatic plants submerged in our pond. I have a check value on the intake end of...
2
2

Another earthquake out west
<> Bigger than the earlier one. I'll take take the Nebraska weather instead. The quake struck at 8:21 p.m. and was centered in the same location as Thursday's. 6.4. The quake struck at 8:21 p.m. and...
3
3

I want to sell
Yup!  Obamacrats buy a house, they trash the place and then they walk away.  It's all the rich man's fault.
20
20

Water filter plug. Fridgadeer
"Spicket" is named for Edward R Spickman (1871-1944), a plumber who wished he had invented something important, although he didn't :-)
4
4

Re: All circuit breakers off but still have power
I have a strange one I’m replacing a lot of switches & outlets down stairs when I cut the power test the outlets and switches all is good however when I was trying to work the up stairs I turned the...
14
14

Anyone know if Shoprite is open today?
Anyone know if Shoprite or Kings are open today? Also any liquor stores? Thanks
4
4

Earthquake rattles Mojove Desert in California
I felt it shake in Las Vegas -- mild ground rubble. Still no waterfront property, yet.
17
17