Subject Author Posted Replies

Roughly 40 to 50 gallons of 50% glyphosate (roundup) on the cheap?
Neighbors and I want to chip in to get a good price on the 50% (or 42%) glyphosate (some people call it roundup for some strange reason). Probably need to buy 40 to 50 gallons to get a farmer's better...
22
22

Fancy quartz countertops are killing people who make them, doctors say
Here’s a kitchen design trend to die for. Quartz countertops are now the most popular choice among home renovators and designers because of their durability and resistance to stains, scratches and...
1
1

Underside of stainless steel sink STINKS HORRIBLY!
Hello all - I hope somebody can help! My wife and I have a Kindred stainless steel double sink. The underside sound-deadening coating stinks very badly. We had the sink installed about 12 years ago....
49
49

Could a block of ice cool a ten foot square room?
Given an average ten foot square room, is it possible to cool it by putting a big block of ice in the middle to melt?
9
9

polymeric sand and driveway gaps
Hi All, The expansion gaps in cement driveways that fill full of weeds would be solved with polymeric sand, but would it cause the cement to crack when it tried to expand? And would the polymeric sand...
4
4

two phase or three phase
Hi All, I am noticing that Kohler's whole house standby generator comes in single phase and three phase. My dryer and my stove both use 230V. So I though my house was two phase from the service and...
37
37

House backup generator vibration
Hi All, Part of my planning for a whole house backup generator is protecting my foundation from vibration. When my foundation was poured the jerk used too much sulfur so it would dry quicker in cold...
6
6

Pavers walkway question
Hi All, My front yard is covered in decorative rocks. I have a sidewalk from my driveway to my front door. If I walk around the house to the gate on the side of the house, I am walking on the...
35
35

Toro self-propelled lawnmower: front wheels lock up when pulled in reverse
I have a Toro self-propelled lawnmower. The drive is via the front wheels. Last month, i noticed that (when the clutch is not engaged), it became ridiculously difficult to pull the mower backwards....
2
2

GE 5BC48JB642A
Need assembly diagrams! I have rings or seals I dont know where they went. Pics did not take when I thought they were. Help Please! Thanks

How do self supporting shelves work?
How can these possibly stay up? https://img1.etsystatic.com/013/0/6972450/il_570xN.458470473_deha.jpg https://img1.etsystatic.com/013/0/6972450/il_570xN.458470473_deha.jpg
15
15

cieling fan maker
it's 5blade 52" with 4 lights, the glass around the bulbs are 6 sided with metal strips in each corner, label says Taiwan R,O.C. manufacture number 5A0 0040 serial number 551538, have done searches...
1
1

OT. Middle Class ?
Roughly 90% of Americans say they are in some range of it. <> Being in the middle doesn’t mean what it used to. Being in the middle doesn’t mean what it used to.
15
15

OT Geology/petroleum question
OT Is it really possible, anywhere, to shoot a shotgun and find oil deposits so close to the surface that the gunshot lets the oil out? I ask because someone told me that the people on The Beverly...
7
7

Quietest whole house generator?
Hi All, I does not look like I will be able to find a fuel cell whole house backup generator for about five more years, so I am thinking of going piston. Anyone have a recommendation for a natural gas...
11
11