Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Computer controlled
I've been watching a show called How It's Made on the Science Channel. I hear the words "computer controlled" frequently. How in the world did man manage to make anything without computers? The...
132
132

Glass replacement. Old crank window.
I have 1950s era aluminum 3 pane crank windows in a fishing cabin. I need to replace a pane, but don't see any clips or screws to get the frame apart. There seems to be very thin aluminum flashing...
2
2

Cutting into a tennis ball
Wow ! I never expected so many responses :-) After reading all of them, and considering we don't have access to the school's shop during summer, and it's too hot in my garage, I wanted a method I...
66
66

True up small piece of wood
That’s where the skill comes in, holding it flat.
22
22

refl small propane tanks
I watched several youtubes about filling the small (1 lb) tanks off the 20 pound tanks. In all of them they mention purging out the air. Where does this air come from ? Is it because the small tanks...
21
21

Receiver troubles - no sound is output
In on Sat, 20 Jul 2019 06:54:21 -0700 (PDT), A K wrote: Speaker fuses? Either with access covers in the back or after you take the cover off. Speaker selection switch. I have a very expensive table...
6
6

Drink even when you're not thirsty
It's been 97 today and expected to be 100 or 101 tomorrow and Sunday. And of course they are saying to drink water. And not this time but other places say to drink even when you're not thirsty. Can...
10
10

Letgo, Offerup, Mercari are Total Crap
Why do these crappy websites exist? Craigslist and ebay kick their asses.
1
1

1875 watt hair dryer
I happened to be checking out hair dryers (for someone else) and came across dryers like this: watts. There were a lot like this can one run that from an average outlet that puts out 1650 watts? or...
5
5

Septic Tank covers - can I seal these to make them waterproof?
I recently bought a home with a septic tank. I have never had one before so I am trying to learn all I can. A couple of weeks ago we had a very bad rain storm and sewage from my septic tank backed up...
3
3

Water Accumulation in Bottom of Frigidaire Refrigerator
We had a similar problem with our last 15 year old refrig (not Frigdaire). What happened is the drain tube was frozen at the top. You may want to remove the back panel in the freezer section, and look...
17
17

HF 20% Off coupons -- Fine print?
I just noticed that the fine print on the bottom of the Harbor Freight 20% off coupons says they cannot be used for just about anything in the store. Do different coupons have different fine print?
1
1

Beer cans at home construction sites
Nowadays beer is condemed on jobsites at the end of day. But you can now smoke marijuana all day long and be as high as a kite and the builders don't care. I love beer after working my ass off.

How the heck does a typical home transfer switch work?
Without taking a survey, who knows? It all depends on how large the place they live is and when it was built. 200A service is common in good size single family homes built in the last 30 years or so....
37
37