Subject Author Posted Replies

old fire extinguishers
Inherited several old fire extinguishers with new home. How do I know if they work? If you fire them, will they work again? My only experience was 1972 when one fell and the exudement bruised the leg...
10
10

chipper shreader
I bought a chipper/shreader to get rid of some trees that blew down. I do not care to save the chips so do not care which hopper I put things in. One hopper is for up to 3 inches for chipping and the...
1
1

California Home Buying
This article says 16% of Californians could afford to buy a median priced house. The median price of a single family home in California is over $830,000. The national median price for a home is...
40
40

Who built this?
I don't have screens in my windows, for 15 or more years now, and earlier this year I found wasps' nests in the folds of my bedroom curtains. I usually don't close the curtains so I never see what is...
1
1

Maui Fires
Some of the richest people in the U.S. lost their homes and businesses because of the fires. ABC is giving out information how us average Joes can help out. I'm thinking carpenters, plumbers, and...

Tricklestar
A guy came by the house yesterday evening. I thought he was here to slam me, sign me up with an alternate electricity provider against my will. They do that here. But instead he was giving out free...
2
2

Is it AI or not
No one in popular news talked about AI 6 months ago and all of sudden it's everywhere. The most recent discussion I heard was about "using AI to read X-rays and other medical imaging". They have...
46
46

Ryobi 4010
THe package (with mower) all have part numbers ending in VNM But not in the catalog where most end in A I wanted to get a 3-battery charger and two batteries. My battery is 40605VNM and charger...
3
3

What time is it?
if you set some parameter, you can have the Windows clock display seconds. It's in one of the Tweak programs. 7+ Taskbar or Winaero. Last week I found behind my bookshelp a radio controlled travel...
33
33

Propane Tank Explosion
A man in a rural area apparently hit the valves on the top of a buried propane tank. The explosion and fire eventually killed him. <> The tractor looks like an 8N Ford. Those old things are worth...
19
19

OT. Jar Opening Service
From the Babylon Bee: <>y They have a couple other things single women can get assistance for. Turning jars upside down and whacking the lids flat against a counter top works.
10
10

Most EVs Cost More to Drive Than Their Gas-Powered Rivals
 Analysis by the Anderson Economic Group, a public policy consulting firm based in Lansing, Michigan, showed that in the first half of 2023, for most classes of vehicles, it cost more to drive a mile...
8
8

batteries leaked.
I have a tv remote that was working up until 3 or 4 days ago, and its batteries have leaked. I didn't think that was possible.
16
16

On Topic: 1/2" sleeve puller?
Hi All, Anyone ever use one of these: Pasco 4661 Fully Machined Compression Sleeve Puller For 1/2? Copper Tubing it work? -T Fully machined body and screw | Lifetime guarantee not to bend or break |...

driving dump trucks over tarps?
A bit of an oddball question: I want to have several dump trucks of dirt delivered to my property to fill in a depression. It's about 50ft of lawn from the street in front of my house to the...
11
11