Subject Author Posted Replies

Just something a little different...
This is something I've been tinkering around with as time allows. I'm going to build a jacobs ladder with it.. I do not by any means claim to be the first to do this, but the circuit you see in...
1
1

Sourcing old/obsolete breakers?
From your vague description it sounds like a QOT1515CP breaker QO 2-15 Amp one-pole Tandem circuit breaker | Plug-on design, easy to install | Compatible with QO load centers, CSED's and NQOD panel...
17
17

Anyone know if and where I can buy a water distiller that can dispense cold water?
Anyone know if and where I can buy a water distiller that can dispense cold water?
6
6

OT: American Express Card Strips Benefits
Myself, I carry a Cabela's master card that gives cash back for items in their store. I never worry about interest charges or other fees as I pay it fully off at the end of the month. My wife has...
10
10

10' X 20' steel frame Canopy
Need new roof

Wasted garage ceiling height
I was just thinking about the wasted space in my garage. The ceiling is slightly over 10ft but the garage doors are 7ft tall. The garage door rails hang down at the 7ft level so that is the height...
37
37

Expensive shack. $225 million
<> Financier Gary Winnick's 40,000-square-foot trophy perched above the Bel-Air Country Club is listing at a lofty price amid a mega-mansion glut in Southern California. Financier Gary Winnick's...
2
2

OT: Boeing partners with Porsche on electric flying car
(Reuters) - U.S. planemaker Boeing Co said on Thursday it was working with Volkswagen’s ( sports car brand, Porsche, to develop a concept electric flying vehicle capable of transporting people in...

Anyone figure out how to block robocalls?
On a landline. Most Google responses were for a cell phone. Making it more difficult, I have answering machines in my home and adjacent office so would need two of the devices or whatever. My...
25
25

Battery Derangement
Stolen from another newsgroup For those who think that EV's will "save" the "environment": Derangement Electric vehicles won’t save the planet and won’t survive without subsidies. Mark P. Mills...
80
80

Washing machine repair and cleaning
Have been replacing the bearings on a Cabrio washer and am fairly creeped out by the slime coating, particularly on the outside surface of the drum. Is there any known way to prevent this slime...
3
3

OT: uneven cooking in microwaves
When will we invent a microwave oven that cooks evenly? There must be some way to install reflectors around the cooking area to randomise the waves.
160
160

Mixing Timbor and antifreeze as DIY Boracare (2023 Update)
I have a fairly serious dry rot problem in a plywood floor over a crawlspace. i have dug out all the rot i can find and replaced the bad wood. Then i looked for a treatment to keep the rot from coming...
7
7