Subject Author Posted Replies

3-way switch: which one is common?
Thanks for the info. So, the middle one makes sense. I'll check it with a multimeter later.
6
6

any idea where I can find these foam protective spheres?
They look like below link and are 1.25" in diameter. I need them to protect the edges of glass plates. They are like a black foam, not hard plastic, that also helps provide traction for the plate if...
6
6

Looking for a lock with a low profile knob
A coat of paint wouldn't hurt either ;-)
11
11

Furnace vent cover replacement
I have an old mobile home and the propane furnace costs too much to run. The vent covers stick up a quarter inch or more. I'd like to replace them with something I won't trip over. (At 85 a fall is...
10
10

OT What is it ? < Clare ? >
Anyone know what this device is ? At a local auction sale today - just curious .. John T. PHOTOS SERVED FROM THE AUCTION ADVERTISER PHOTOS SERVED FROM THE AUCTION ADVERTISER PHOTOS SERVED FROM THE...
13
13

camera for google nest hub
I have a Google Nest Hub Max. Are there any inexpensive cameras that work well with it ? I bought a Wyze 2 that said it would. That was a big joke. While it does something, it is not much. Delay of...

limp-in mode
In on Thu, 2 Jan 2020 17:33:47 -0500, "Phil Kangas" wrote: He said it right. He's discharging the car, not the battery. Without the battery connected, the car won't have much charge but it can have...
39
39

inverter generator
This unit is now on sale for $ 1700. Canadian. but the specs indicate that it's a noisy bugger at 76 / 85 db Honda EU7000IS 52/58 db < $ 5,000. > John T.

OT Getting drunks off the road
That was from a TV show. Reno PD or something like that.
6
6

House has hard water, pls recommend a water softening system
This is sound advice. Adding to it, I'd avoid the franchise guys like Culligan and look for a local guy to get you what you really need. Ask neighbors Where in the northeast are you? In central MA Hi...
8
8

Adding outlet
I'm adding an outlet about 5 feet from an existing circuit and teeing from from an outlet in that circuit. I can't recall how I should connect the the new out/wire to the existing outlet. Is it better...
5
5

220 in sequence
In on Thu, 26 Dec 2019 08:06:18 -0800 (PST), wrote: Have you done home electrical wiring before? it's good to start on someone else's home, so when you get to yours you may know how to not burn it...
13
13

Lawnmower battery
How long should it take to charge a lawnmower battery @ 40 amps? And what happens to a battery when it is being charged?? Thanx all
2
2

OT. Merry Christmas
I bet at least a couple people here remember when "A Charlie Brown Christmas" premiered back in 1965. L<> Some history of its production: <> A Charlie Brown Christmas - Wikipedia A Charlie Brown...
2
2

seatbelt
Did you try the dealer? Ebay? Plenty of them on Ebay, brand new in various colors. And whether it's stock or not isn't the issue. Sure, the dealer might have to order it. the issue was whether they...
46
46