Subject Author Posted Replies

Moisture
On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:44:01 +0000, TD90
14
14

Water stained ceiling
What can be done about water stains on a wooden vaulted ceiling? Is there a way only the stained parts can be restored? Or does the whole thing have to be done? I am hoping you’ll tell me it’s not...
20
20

Perfection in craftsmanship
No job is so simple that it can't be done wrong 1 FP edit: I was unaware this "exact" dump was posted yesterday. All I can say is "suck it, I'ma take all these fake internet points and buy a Ferrari."...
3
3

replaced dryer belt and drum still won't turn
I have a GE Hotpoint dryer nvlr223egoww that stopped turning and, upon disassembly, I discovered that the belt snapped. I'm having a heck of a time getting the drum to rotate again. I've tried two...
5
5

An example of how guns used in mass shootings are bought in states with lax laws
An example of how criminals acquire guns in states with lax laws. Two of the five guns that the Jersey City shooters had were bought in Ohio. David Anderson had a long history of arrests for violence...
5
5

Hunting with a handgun.
A few years ago my husband took a deer with a .357. Cindy Hamilton
4
4

Styrofoam
then put it in your car gas tank.
68
68

OT. Baseball Fines
I don't picture a 5 million dollar fine as a big deal to baseball owners. Next thing will be electronics involved somehow. Maybe the pitcher will have earphones and the manager will be calling...
3
3

OT - TPMS
Thought this, clipped from Subaru ng, would be of interest. "It's up to you to define the range in variance of pressure from the recommended pressure. Whether something tells you all the time or you...

Re: Carpet smells after steam-clean (2023 Update)
This "cleaning tech" is full of shit. If it smells like cat urine does not mean it's cat urine. He's just trying to get paid.

Kitchen cabinets
My moms kitchen cabinets are coming apart and coming off the wall from years of dishes and things....
3
3

Icicles formed on rotating outdoor vent. Hitting the roof
Perhaps the vanes on the vent have become corroded and make a good site for ice crystals to adhere to the surface, or your attic (I assume it is an unfinished crawl space) is too warm and/or humid due...
1
1

Unusual bridges
Beware of Florida bridges The N.T.S.B. blamed engineers for a faulty design — and the state for poor oversight — in the collapse of a new pedestrian bridge that killed six. The N.T.S.B. blamed...
5
5

Liftmaster 1280/2280 Opener
I have a 10 year old Liftmaster 1280/2280 Garage Door belt opener. The belt wore out and was coming apart. I Bought a new belt off Ebay. I Removed the old belt. I quickly found that my 90 year old...
14
14

Can't make these things up.
How to use a shoehorn -- I kid you not. Will these fit size 8 women shoes? Answer: Yes, they will fit any size. You can watch videos on how to use shoe horns, i.e.: