Subject Author Posted Replies

Why are long drill bits so hard to find?
Ignore him, he is just trolling. The sensible people on the group accept the medically proven benefits of trepanning. So keep on at it.
34
34

Barometers and average pressure
Why do barometers have different centre readings? I thought 1000 mbar was average, as that's what barometers always used to have as the central reading ("change"), but Wikipedia says it's 1013. I've...
33
33

Do you have tight nuts?
A WD-40 ad from 1964
2
2

I'm gonna try and get a Free Church Steeple!
Could you post a link to a picture of the house to which you're going to mount the steeple? Thanks, Cindy Hamilton
5
5

rotted door
The inside of a exterior wooden patio door is rotted. How can I repair other than wood putty, perhaps flat aluminum strips ? Anyone have any ideas?
1
1

Light bulbs hacked
Now it's light bulbs spying on their owners. "The vulnerability, which affects the market-leading Philip Hue smart bulb, was discovered by researchers at security firm Check Point, who claim cyber...

charging lithium battery
Is there any danger of fire when charging lithium batteries? Is it O K to leave the charger hooked up overnight in an enclosed garage? It would be a 12 volt lawnmower battery. Thanks for a reply. Herb
2
2

Sub hiring a sub
Great case on People's Court today. Brand new apartment building, 5 floors, 20 apartments, the one involved is $1.2 miillion dollars, 2000 sq.ft, 2 bedrooms and office. General contractor hires...
6
6

Panasonic Microwave issues
On Tue, 04 Feb 2020 14:42:35 -0500, Clare Snyder > wrote: So far so good with mine - Panasonic Inverter NN-ST651W. But the door is noisy to close - loud-tinny-cheapo-sounding. If I remember correctly,...
6
6

Atmos clock
needing no human intervention and almost no energy. Jaeger-LeCoultre - Wikipedia Jaeger-LeCoultre - Wikipedia Jaeger-LeCoultre - Wikipedia

Will this tool break up a blig blob of cement/concrete?
That looks too much like work and it doesn't make nearly enough noise.
27
27

difference between left-handed compound tin snips and straight ones?
What is the difference between left-handed compound tin snips and straight ones? Is it just that they are bent so one's hand goes over the sheet metal? And you can see the cut line from one side and...
4
4