Subject Author Posted Replies

Tile over peel and stick
Have a small bathroom 1951 house. Original diagonal subfloor in great shape, with 1/2 inch plywood over that and almost new peel and stick vinyl tile on that in excellent shape. Wanting to put ceramic...
13
13

Am I morally or contractually obliged?
Usually, I write down the aisle and bay of something I see on and plan to buy, and it's been accurate. This time I noticed that it offered to text me those things. In case I forgot to bring them with...
4
4

Luninaid
I saw this on Xploration Earth 2050. It's a light that recharges from sunlight and is made to light a room. <> It is about the size of a deck of cards when deflated. They showed a person just blowing...
1
1

Phone service
Ditto here in western NC. No cable, although it is at the base of the mountain where I live. So, the only thing is slow DSL from Frontier. I'm beyond the 14000 foot limit, so they only allow 3meg,...
52
52

Questions about roof repair/replacment.
Have you considered calling Jasper Roofing for a quote? I don't have their number handy but they're located next door to Jasper Towing.
36
36

Classic vs. Modern architecture
In my books, the man who lives here doesn't get to tell anybody else how stuff should look: <>Cindy Hamilton Take a look inside Donald Trump's opulent Manhattan Penthouse. Located at the Trump Tower...
22
22

Old lawnmover weld
Will A Silverline Arc 100 Welder 230V weld my old lawn mover and what electrodes would i use if possible. 😅
1
1

My Pitt Bull is totally friendly and would never harm anyone...
Highly probable.
29
29

How much should replacing a gas water heater cost with a heat pump-based one?
I am planning to get quotes from contractors who do this type of work. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, where the cost of living is high, and contractors usually have to charge more. From what I...
17
17

My achin' back
  But the is ceiling looking great ! I've got a good start on the dining room/kitchen ceiling , about a quarter of one side and it's looking just how I envisioned it . For those that missed the memo...

OT. Household debt, 14 trillion +
<> And yet the U.S. economy is doing fairly well. My parents grew up during the Depression. Borrowing was almost a dirty word for them....
52
52

bluetooth at 164 feet
I keep hearing that bluetooth is only good for 30 feet, but look at these: row especially Buy [2020 Upgraded] 1Mii Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Bluetooth Audio Adapter for TV PC Home...
28
28

water pump stops drawing water in few hours
I have a water pump which draws water from a creek to irrigate the lawn. It had run for four months without problems. Starting last week, I notice that the pump would draw water for few hours only....
6
6

1950s model
can these ovens be converted to propane
2
2

Repair floor lamp? (2023 Update)
A floor lamp I use along side my bed has had the weight materal (cement?) in its base break up amd fall out. Now the lamp won't stamd straight anymore - leans against the wall. Is there anything I can...
12
12