Subject Author Posted Replies

NGK Laser Iridium plugs
I installed some of these plugs in my 2009 Mazda CX7. According to NGK, they should last 80 - 120K miles. Is that what others have found? Thanks, Andy NGK Laser Iridium plugs feature an iridium tipped...

Ot. Kbb value
Just did kelley blue book value on my Xterra. 58000 miles new everything. New starter today, new friginn everything. 2600 bucks? 2oo4 se 4wd Is that all it is worth? New inc leaf springs, new total...
32
32

30amp plug to 20amp device
I want to run a 20amp treadmill on a 30amp outlet. Can I just use an adapter like this and get on with it? friends. This AC WORKS brand locking adapter is very durable with a compact design. It is a...
34
34

Laundry room vent to attic ?
Can I vent my laundry room (not dryer) w/an exhaust fan directly to attic ? We get a lot of heat in our 6x6' laundry room and need to get the heat out in the summer. Thanks in advance.
44
44

Insulating on outside of walls of house
How good is the insulation in refrigerators or home freezers? What happens to those when they're junk?
11
11

refrigerator replacement where you can clean the coils
I'm not putting too much air through that. The compressor is just behind the coil and I don't want to break it with a blast of air. What's that? you say a compressor is hermetically sealed and...
15
15

black microwave inverter technology to fit existing opening
Can you help me choose a microwave to fit the hole I already have? Especially how to get the exact size I need? And how important is "inverter technology? I need to replace a dead built-in black...
12
12

OT: "Mixed up the brake and accelerator"?!?
I had a Dodge pick-up with a '3 in the tree' lever on the steering column: R 2 +N+ 1 3 The linkage was sloppy, and sometimes if not pushed all the way to left or right going through N (into R or 2),...
326
326

Space heater reluctant pushbuttons
I have a space heater and the operating buttons require many pushes before they work. Anything I can do without tearing it apart? I hate to junk it as it otherwise works quite well. Perhaps a switch...
2
2

Problems with 12V and 5V lines on a PC ATX supply
On el cheapo SMPS the primary supply is the 5V whose feedback controls the conversion transformer. The 12V supply is derived from the same transformer so if the 5V is not breaking into a sweat not...
62
62

lost ring; comparison of maps
Story on As It Happens was about a woman who, around 1970, lost her boyfriend's class ring, which he gave her 3 months after his graduation, by leaving it in the washroom at the department store in...

OT: This is something new.... NYC highrise under contruction must remove floors
It was. Once issued, then even if wrong, it should be allowed once That was one of the developer's arguments too, but they lost. They will appeal. What we don't know is how much of this was due to the...
29
29

Drilling porcelain tile
May be Kryptonite I suppose.
12
12

Would like to know how to get heat from a Coleman furnace
Hi I have a Coleman furnace and need help with it. I can't seem to get any heat fr it. It's a 7956A856 model. Don't know much about it. It's a 7900 series standing model. Is there pilot lite that...
1
1

1 HP water pump and number of sprinkler
And there is an output chart for the pump too. A big unstated here is where is the water coming from? A 20 ft well, above ground tank, etc. Pipe size? That sprinkler type is unusual for watering a...
5
5