Subject Author Posted Replies

Old entry mortise lock replacements
Which, is, in correct parlance "japanned copper". I've found none currently available and, unfortunately, don't have the old plates...there are a few here 'n there as salvaged on eBay or some of the...
3
3

The Genie screw drive garage door opener four piece rail assembly
Bob explained on 3/4/2020 : They could borrow a truck. Many of us have trucks because, well, have you ever tried to mount a rifle rack in a car?
4
4

How to fix gap under garage door?
If you want it done right and to look right, buy a new door seal the full length of the door.
13
13

US import duties on cell phones?
Sometimes they declare a lesser value on the item. At least here, which is not the USA. Or claim it is a sample with no commercial value.
18
18

rotted sill plate, maybe a dumb idea but...
Yesterday I found one more reason doing the block wall was a bad idea. Concrete is porous to water, but not very fast. We had hurricane Isaias run over our area, and low lying water poured into the...
27
27

USPS mess up ?
On the 27 of FEB I bought something off Ebay. Today I got a tracking number so looked at it on the USPS web page. The tracking says lable created Feb 28 at 6:13 however it is only 4:40 today Feb 28....

How to remove stubborn 1/2 inch compression ring holding undersink dishwasher shutoff valve on copper pipe?
Bosch SHX36L05UC/21 dishwasher hinge broke at the white nylon plastic. <>Tried to shut off hot water under the sink before removing the hoses. <>Hotwater pipe is 1/2 inch copper pipe sticking out of...
16
16

Carrier infinity filter change messsage
I replaced my blower and blower wheel. Now, I keep getting the change filter message on the thermostat.

Headlight restoration
Nobody discloses the composition of their headlight finishes and I know there are numerous patented substances. I would probably best trust one from a knowledgeable company like 3M.
26
26

Using illuminated switch to control LED lights.
When using an illuminated light switch to control lights, When the switch is open the neon bulb is across the open switch allowing a very small current draw across the load to illuminate the neon lamp...
29
29

remove stuck fabric covered wire from chandelier arm
I have this antique gilt bronze chandelier . It has fabric covered wiring in the arms. It needs to be replaced, but it wont budge. The fabric has probably come loose inside and is now all messed up...
3
3

OT: Science proves... the wealthy are jerks.
"Jan-Erik Lönnqvist, professor of social psychology, had made the same observation in traffic as many others: Audi and BMW drivers seemed much more likely to ignore traffic regulations and drive...
4
4

Where to buy army style no moving parts food can opener (just a sharp knife like thing)
I've seen these tiny keyfob army style can openers with no moving parts, and I've seen a longer handled similar style with no moving parts. Nobody has them in the home supply or food supply local...
4
4

Fixing my fridge
I'm having a problem with both my freezer and refrigerator when turned to the coldest possible setting both are not that cold at all. I believe it's the newer type of fridge as there are no coils on...
9
9

missing ebay package
In on Mon, 24 Feb 2020 13:05:40 -0800 (PST), trader_4 snipped-for-privacy@Probably. It's one CD but in a retail software box, and then wrapped, probably just in a mailing (padded?) envelope. One time...
25
25