Subject Author Posted Replies

chain saw sharpner
Has anyone tried a chain saw sharpner that you just clamp over the end of the bar. Then you run the saw for about 10 seconds and the chain is sharp ? Looks too easy to be true.
2
2

Quiche tonight
Have not had quiche in ages so I made one tonight. Saute a sweet onion, diced a but of ham slice, cheddar cheese of coure. Used 4 eggs and a cup of half and half and the results were a very light egg...
1
1

Standard wiring practice duplex receptacles, both screws used?
I hadn't seen this before, now I've run into two in a week. A duplex receptacle has two screws connected by a jumper plate. If you need to switch one outlet and leave the other on, you remove the...
28
28

Why don't they do this for bike races?
How fast your bike can go? This one can do 64 km/h and that is impressive. It can't be used for everyday ride but it is a cool project just for fun. Hope you enjoy this video. If you like this video...
32
32

Electric dryer not getting hot enough?
Hi. I have a Whirlpool electric clothes dryer (LEB6000PQ1). Lately the clothes have taken 2 cycles on *high* heat to dry. I thought the exhaust duct was maybe full of lint so I cleaned out the whole...
4
4

Defective corn on the cob
Yesterday I bought two ears of corn that are like none I've ever seen before. The kernels are not very big, but what strange is, for both of them, one one side of the ear the kernels are normal but...
9
9

water heater exhaust blower
Is the water heater exhaust blower a replaceable unit?
1
1

Can the grid handle electric cars?
This question has come up often. This video has some good information, plus some actual facts. Yes, we do need improvement, most of us knew this but not how much
85
85

OT. Fire Detection Drones
The local news showed a story about drones being developed at UC Davis to detect fires even before they are visible. <> If only someone could teach dogs to fly. A dog's nose is something like 100,000...
1
1

OT. Super Blue Moon
A blue moon is supposed to be tonight. The next one will be in 2037.<> The article mentions the Chinchaga Firestorm in Canada that happened in the 1950s. The weather people here in Nebraska are...
2
2

Extra holes on electrical box, why?
I replaced an old outdoor outlet cover yesterday. It was one of those with hinged covers that snap down over each outlet, but the gasket was long gone and water and bugs were getting in. Also...

Which car jump starter should I have bought.
I finally bought a mini-battery-jumper. I shopped carefully, I thought. I bought this. It and its wrappings are like new without a bit of dirt and I can still return it. It was only 3 or 4 dollars...
10
10

Ping: Ed P
Ed, are you ready for some sporty weather? I'm over in Mississippi and we're happily watching Idalia move away from us to the east. Give us a weather report when things settle down.
2
2

Nice woodworking projects
Saw this on line Reddit’s woodworking community is a great network for people who love making things with wood. Reddit’s woodworking community is a great network for people who love making things...