Subject Author Posted Replies

Pressure Washing Clapboards prior To Painting: Good Idea ?
Hi, Live in New England. Haven't painted house in a (very) long time. Some paint, here and there, on wood clapboards is peeling. Question: should I have the house (the Painters all suggest doing so)...
4
4

OT: TP price gouging
$40 for a six pack of this awful TP. Wally World is selling it for $0.86 per pack ($5.16 for a six pack). Can we say "Price Gouging"? When supplies finally catch up with the hoarders, these guys are...
1
1

Add audio out to the TV
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 00:03:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote: You have to admit though the sound on Digital TV and Digital FM radio is WAY better than from the old analog OTA TV!!!
32
32

Aurora 6500 diesel generator
Wondering if anyone here is familar with this unit < or similar small deisel units > How noisy are they compared to gasoline ? < both being 3600 rpm > 's one coming up at a local auction sale. John T.
9
9

Mounting security light
Recounting a security light on the side of the house that has been down for a while. The housing of the light looks like some sort of cast pot-metal clamps to a 1.6" metal arm. I need 2 bolts to hold...
16
16

Nitrogen in tires scam
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 23:37:48 -0400, Clare Snyder > wrote: I use either of two handheld gauges, plus the onboard TPMS. Those 3 all agree with each other. I guess that doesn't mean they're accurate....
86
86

Garlic and onions
I don't mind. It's a little cold here to see much growth, but the feral garlic seems to be doing great. I'm tempted to pull back the mulch from the garlic I planted last fall to see how it's doing. If...
15
15

Washer Rust Repair
For starters, I'm never purchasing a Samsung washer or dryer again, and even apprehensive with their other appliances. My washer developed rust surrounding the bleach compartment. I removed the...
17
17

Self-Rejuvenating Hearing Aid Batteries
Not in hearing aids, but I have recharged button batteries by holding them on top of a flashlight battery completing the circuit with my finger. Like you say though, it is a hit or miss kind of thing.
8
8

Is this a water tap, and how old?
Strange, I find gas smell dissipates very quickly. E.g. oops I forgot to light the stove. Open a window. Gone. I'm getting my gas disconnected to save paying the standing charge. I've installed a heat...
7
7

OT. Reusable grocery bags spread disease
Thanks. Cindy Hamilton
13
13

sanding between coats
What's the purpose of sanding between coats? Is it to make the coating surface rough so the second coat would adhere better or is it to sand off imperfection such as bubbles?
4
4

more number of coats means longer protection?
That is sprayed instrument lacquer and hand rubbed between. The thickness of each coat is much less than any poly. There are a number of coats but probably not as many as ten; the Steinway finishing...
10
10

2x2 ceiling tiles?
Hi, folks. Does anyone know if nail-up, fiber ceiling tiles are still being made in 2x2 and 4x4 dimensions? I'm trying to patch some gaps in an old basement ceiling. I have no illusions that I can...
2
2