Subject Author Posted Replies

Help me identify my kitchen faucet - photo link included (2023 Update)
The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I...
20
20

Old floor buckling by vent
Hello! I’m not sure what to really say, because I’ve never posted here before, but I’m hoping anyone can help. I’m renting an old house that was built in the 1930’s give or take, and it has...
10
10

Re: Refrigerator - Compressor runs for just a few seconds then clicks off
having the same problem

Overloaded breaker or Short circuit?
I went over to help a buddy with a 15 amp circuit he had trip over the weekend. It’s on a 15 amp single pole tandem breaker. The circuits has loads such as his TV, computer, and about 4-6 can...
20
20

Heat pumps much better now?
Have heat pumps improved much in the last 30 years, wrt to heating a home in Baltimore? I was under the impresssion that the limiting factor is often the outside temperature, and if it's not over 45...
26
26

chimney liner with oil furnace
A HVAC guy came today and said with my oil furnace, I need a chimney liner, because oil furnaces burn so hot. Everything I find online about chimney liners say the corrosive effects of the unburned...
13
13

Bank absurdity
I went to the bank and the teller line is closed, you have to use the drive through so instead of being able to do a social distanced transaction at the counter they want me to bring a virus infected...
19
19

Solar battery chargers/maintainers
A zillion out there; just wondering anybody have favorites and/or recommendatons for specifics? Multiple in same location would be nice; both mowers park side-by-side as well as old truck and the...
10
10

Matchsticks
For 40 years, when the kids asked "Where's Dad", the answer was the same.
4
4

Losing a leg
He is in Cedars-Sinai so it's not like it's the Hooterville Hospital and Veterinary Clinic.
19
19

Why did drainpipes used to have a box on the wall?
Why did drainpipes used to have a box on the wall, some sort of overflow if blocked? See link below for an example photo. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
99
99

Does it count as DIY?
Is that allowed, or would you have to prove that it was actually preventing something? What about 'idling and the pollution? I had a mate offer me to take his Merc out for a run yesterday. I...
14
14

Bow and arrow
I've not shot a bow for years but could never come close on this. Timing is everything
1
1

How many gallons of water for average bath tub filling?
Good idea, but when a house is on a well, it is impossible to calculate using your projection. And yes there are houses still on wells - and prefer it to city or county water systems.
2
2

Why do power drills have R and L?
Most? I wish. Have one of my apprentices for a day. Feel free to dry bum fuck him but please do not ask him to perform a simple work related task.
345
345