Subject Author Posted Replies

Oven cleaner & Sylvania 30 Watt 120VAC bulb (LED?)
Tried to clean oven that has never been cleaned as far as I can tell. Mostly I cleaned the glass with ammonia & tried to replace the dead bulb. Words on the bulb are 30 Watt Sylvania 130VAC Appliance...
85
85

Re: Are lawn services like Chemlawn worth it?
I have long wondered what type of turf is best and a friend of mine gave me some advice. He advised me to contact TurfStore, they supply high quality turf in convenient lawn rolls which means it...
10
10

Stove height
I'm remodeling my kitchen My gas stove is about an inch and a 1/2 to 2 inches shorter than my counter Will the extending legs go that high and if they don't? How do I get my stove level with my...
12
12

Getting heat pump
Thought we could limp along with oil furnace but fall cleaning showed unit aging with not much life left and to top it off repairman found fill pipe to tank had rusted through and water entered. Also...
23
23

Helpful app for hearing test, whether on not you buy something
This app came with the yoke-style sound amplifier I bought, but it seems to work with a cell phone and earbuds too, and though it's not what an audiologist would do, IMO it's pretty good, and easy,...
6
6

Sound on my new radio is muffled.
I bought a $230 wifi radio that is impressive in many ways, but the problem I have is that the sound sounds muffled Maybe it's okay for music. I haven't listened to much music, but for talk it sounds...
76
76

Material (putty/caulk) used to seal off outdoor cables entering house
I had to run an outdoor ethernet cable into my house in the hole where my electric comes from the power pole, the cable wire, and the ground wire enter the house. The caulk/putty sealing the opening...
15
15

receiptify spotify
Is there an equivalent to stats for spotify/receiptify where you can see your stats for the past month? The Receiptify app is here. It was made by Michelle Liu, a college student. Everyone uses...

How to hang curtains on traverse rod
I have a traverse rod in my bedroom. The string has broken and the curtains are frayed, but to buy pre-made replacement curtains seems hard. First, I can't tell what size they are selling. Some say in...
3
3

OT: Getting out of a car underwater
Americans really incapable of smashing the glass of their own car to escape? It's hardly rocket science. Video footage shows an officer wading through waist-deep water and using a baton to smash a...
26
26

OT: Why can't non-EU websites ignore EU cookie laws/GDPR?
If an American company with an American server doesn't obey EU cookie/GDPR/privacy laws, what's the EU gonna do? They can't get someone into trouble for breaking a law which only exists in another...
18
18

New management company only schedules fixed amounts.
Our property management company collects our HOA fees, paid via credit card or electronic "bank check" (or by mail by check, of course). Online it seems to handle only fixed amounts, but since it's...
1
1

car with splayed wheels.
I saw today what I think was a Subaru BRZ. Very pretty car (for a sedan) but what made it unusual were the wheels. All 4 were splayed. Isn't that the word when the bottoms of the wheels are farther...
73
73

Need a search wod wrt motels
What do you call a motel where you can drive right up to your room? As opposed to "motels" that are really hotels. You have to park, go into the lobby, walk down the hall, and finally you're at your...
28
28

What is a good web site for a 20-mile (selectable distance) circle from any given zip code?
The best I can find is this map & selectable circle... 's not intended to be a specific circle around a given location which is why I ask if you know of a good site to specify any USA zip code and...
4
4