Subject Author Posted Replies

Sand from drain pipe
We live near the beach. Sand from the roof drain is pouring into the garden covering the soil. Does anyone have a solution?
18
18

Modern locks are a pest
My point exactly, why pick the lock when you can break down the large surface area? Force doesn't need access. Picking needs access.
226
226

Diagnose shower leak I can't find
In on Mon, 25 May 2020 08:08:15 -0700 (PDT), TimR wrote: What's a foot joint? 3 or 4 of the 100 houses in this n'hood had leaks from the tub to the dining room ceiling. So did I but I was lucky that...
42
42

Help with wifi thermostat
No experience with Alexa here. Wires are Power Heat stage 1 Heat stage 2 (only if you have two stages) AC stage 1 AC stage 2 (only if two stage AC) Aux heat (for heat pump) Fan Common (optional, so...
6
6

Rubbing Alcohol
Rubbing alcohol disappeared from the store shelves around early March and I've not seen it since. There's always E85 if we can figure out how to get the gasoline out of it.
15
15

Back after 10 years
Thanks Tekkie! The most recent set are now greening up well with a butterfly and hummingbird friendly set of flowers. Bee Balm (wild bergamot), Johnny Jump up (forgot other names folks outside USA may...
10
10

OT: Adult colouring books? WTF?
what about paint by numbers / ...
66
66

2 Dead Cordless Drill Batteries -- Weird
I think you will find the charger is seeing a high resistance in the batteries and it thinks they are charged. With those batteries, self discharge is an issue. You should drag them out at least every...
16
16

Need help
I am attempting to relevel my single wide trailer and then lay the floor but I have no clue what I'm doing. Any ideas, tips, pointers?

OT parking ticket Plus !
Now that's funny, though funnier when it's a Biden or democrap sticker.
14
14

Two Back Wires, Two White Wires, WTH?
Finally found a solution to our bathroom wiring nightmare!!! Thank you!! One of the two pairs of wires goes to the switch. You have to figure out which one. Best thing to do is to disconnect all the...
13
13

caulking
which is best when caulking something? Pushing or pulling??
4
4

’s 10 Other Acts of Racism
Real racism. Not the made up Rules for Radicals crap you lefties throw at us: “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or for Donald Trump, then you ain’t black,” -- Guess...
32
32

OT: Complaints about lack of PPE!?
Why are people grumbling the government won't give teachers PPE masks? You can get them online for a fiver for goodness sake. What next, buy socks for them?
37
37