Subject Author Posted Replies

Wiring up switch w/pilot light.
Are you saying the problem is that neutral is not on the same circuit? If so, how about changing the wiring so that both are on the same circuit? May not be possible for a variety of reasons,...
39
39

Can't get carpet attachment off vacuum hose
Thank you, this worked for me!
12
12

Finally it is clear what the problem with Greg is
Since 1962, Florida has reported only 37 cases of the deadly pathogen, which attacks brain tissue. Since 1962, Florida has reported only 37 cases of the deadly pathogen, which attacks brain tissue.

Splice 220 volt 6 gauge line outside- is it safe?
On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 10:23:28 -0400, Ralph Mowery posted for all of us to digest... Part of that may be for static electricity.
114
114

new thermometer
Good suggestion. I hope he follows them.
2
2

What I use for protection
I earnestly tried using a washable mask. But I found that it: 1. Fogged up my glasses 2. Made my face hot 3. Made it so others could not see my facial expressions 4. Made it harder for others to...
1
1

Change router bit
First, it looks like the bit maybe hasn't been removed in forever, so it could be rusted. A bit of penetrating oil and some time might help. Second, to loosen the collet, you'd use one wrench to...
15
15

Storm door
What is the diff between surface mount and recessed mount?
6
6

Amp draw measurment on main power feed residential
I'm looking at a device to monitor my power. It hooks around the main power feed wires that feed the breaker panel. It has a sensor for each of the two main wires (240 volt standard setup). I measured...
32
32

Wiring Trouble with Ceiling Fan Replacement
An old ceiling fan, which worked fine, had no lamp and four wires: green, blue, black and white. The ceiling has a black, red and white wires, plus a bare copper wire. (Using multi-meter, the only...
2
2

Re: Warning ... Whirlpool Fridge Unserviceable
danmaa... excellent idea with the damp towels and air compressor. When I suggested an air compressor to my husband he said it'll make a mess all over the kitchen.

OT: my adventure at the post office and viruses transmission
Hi All, We have a little post office, which I adore. Seems to me the problems with the post office are all confined to those large Mega post offices. Well, yesterday I had a bunch of things to mail to...
263
263

OT: out of stock items
Northern Nevada: Toilet paper: normal Paper towels: normal isopropyl alcohol: out Nitrile Gloves: out Useless against viruses face masks: normal N100 face masks: out Canned spam (YUK!): normal

Visual on how face masks work
This is a good visual, though I'm sure some will still not believe they help Without a mask, droplets produced during coughing can travel up to 12 feet. With a mask, this distance is reduced to just a...

OT temporary farm labour
Simple solution. If you go to Banff, carry a bag, a knife, and a single asparagus. If stopped by the police, just say "I'm looking for more of these, you guys see any?"
9
9