Subject Author Posted Replies

Multimeter Ohms
I've never really understood about MM readouts for ohms. I have here a Chinee-Sears digital MM (maybe $15 on sale) and a circuit that should measure 450-550 ohms. I set the MM to 2k ohms, the MM...
19
19

Where Can I Find a "Carpenter"?
So I am trying to convert my garage to family room. Due to permit rules, I have to hire licensed folks for the major parts. It's a relatively straightforward task, and I want to act as my own...
8
8

Any good contractors?
Hi, My wife and I just buy a house in San Diego, and we are first time home owner, so we know little about home improvement, such as flooring -- hardwood floor and ceramic tile. Can anybody recommend...
12
12

Good stuff
Where`s the good stuff? I mean mostly tools, hardware, and routine houshold things. I bought a hose nozzle at W.M. for $4.00 and it only lasted about 1 month. I didn`t expect it to be a real good one...
9
9

Loose floorboards?
The house Mom is planning to go see soon (not yet visually inspected in person) has a little more detail from a realtor. Aluminum siding. Appears in good shape, just needs washing. I take it that the...
4
4

Garage door openers
I would appreciate some opinions on garage door openers. I presently have a genie of indeterminate age that is starting to fail. Its a screw drive consumer model with the three part track bolted...
17
17

Electrical Problem
I have one circuit that has an open ground. The interesting thing is that it also has voltage between both the hot and the neutral to the ground, 70 volts from hot to ground and 50 volts from neutral...
8
8

Catalytic converters on weed trimmers
"[WASHINGTON] The Environmental Protection Agency yesterday tightened emissions standards for new gasoline-powered lawn mowers, weed trimmers and boat engines, reducing the amount of smog-causing...
9
9

Lube a ceiling fan?
Bought a house with ceiling fans. All work, but some are a little noisy. Are there places to lube them? Some meay date to 1991. Lou
14
14

cracked concrete slab has patch in it-slab only 2-3 inches thick
MY 3 year old house built on a concrete slab has a new crack I found (the 6th one) in the floor of a room where I was removing builder (Veranda Homes LLC) installed carpet. The crack is 14 feet long...
15
15

Fan motor starts slooooowly
I've seen a number of older exhaust fans that start very slowly. Turn them on, they barely turn for up to several minutes, then finally speed up fairly quickly to normal operating speed. Can...
8
8

Inserting a tee here?
Hi, What issues will I face trying to put a tee here and what should I do to overcome them? thanks in advance! Aaron http://freeboundaries.com/tee.jpg
13
13

Free standing gas range
I am in the market for a free standing gas range that is self cleaning. Anyone have any recommendations or brands to watch out for?
8
8

clock on gas range
We have a Tappan gas range with self cleaning oven which works on a timed cycle. Having a wall clock, a clock on the microwave, clock on the coffee pot, and wrist watches, we don't pay a lot of...
7
7

Termite protection for through-slab plumbing
Does anybody know of a good source for those ring type termite barriers I have seen on TV? Perhaps not the nationally advertised(read expensive) devices but a comparable product. I have heard that the...
1
1